- Posts: 96
- Thank you received: 0
Custom Fields not showing on front end of site.
11 years 7 months ago #190214
by piggybank
Custom Fields not showing on front end of site. was created by piggybank
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
boatingwithdawsons.com/dev/store/product...pdf-download-43.html
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.111 Safari/537.36
I have a couple of custom fields that I want to show on a category, however I can't seem to get them to show up. I have gone through a few of the posts on this forum but can't seem to resolve it.
The fields are suppose to show on "Old Boat Brochures"
I have enabled showing custom fields from the configuration
the custom fields are on the category, are showing on front end, and are enabled
Thanks for your time.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.111 Safari/537.36
I have a couple of custom fields that I want to show on a category, however I can't seem to get them to show up. I have gone through a few of the posts on this forum but can't seem to resolve it.
The fields are suppose to show on "Old Boat Brochures"
I have enabled showing custom fields from the configuration
the custom fields are on the category, are showing on front end, and are enabled
Thanks for your time.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190286
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Custom Fields not showing on front end of site.
Custom fields of the type "category" are for listings, but according to your link you want to show them on the product page instead. So, you will probably want to use custom fields of the type "product".
Here is the documentation on custom fields including description of field types: hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...shop-field-form.html
Here is the documentation on custom fields including description of field types: hikashop.com/support/support/documentati...shop-field-form.html
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190347
by piggybank
Replied by piggybank on topic Custom Fields not showing on front end of site.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190349
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Custom Fields not showing on front end of site.
Hi,
Please provide a screenshot of all the settings of one custom field.
I can see that you are using the view "product / show_tabular" so the custom fields data should be displayed in the "specification" part.
Do you have filled the values for these custom fields in the product edition page (backend) ?
PS: If you want that the user must be able to fill data in frontend you have to use the "item" type.
Please provide a screenshot of all the settings of one custom field.
I can see that you are using the view "product / show_tabular" so the custom fields data should be displayed in the "specification" part.
Do you have filled the values for these custom fields in the product edition page (backend) ?
PS: If you want that the user must be able to fill data in frontend you have to use the "item" type.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #196410
by brunoazevedo
Replied by brunoazevedo on topic Custom Fields not showing on front end of site.
Hi Xavier,
I was createt a custom product field but isn' show in product page:
made2travel.azevedos.com.pt/index.php?op...port-coat&Itemid=330
I need to do anything more?
I send yhe back office image:
Thanks
Bruno
I was createt a custom product field but isn' show in product page:
made2travel.azevedos.com.pt/index.php?op...port-coat&Itemid=330
I need to do anything more?
I send yhe back office image:
Thanks
Bruno
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by brunoazevedo. Reason: Insert Image
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #196412
by brunoazevedo
Replied by brunoazevedo on topic Custom Fields not showing on front end of site.
Sorry 
It's working.
Thanks
It's working.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds