- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
Text does not want to save on product page
11 years 7 months ago #190367
by karen_444
Text does not want to save on product page was created by karen_444
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hi !
I am having a problem on the problem page. I need to insert my text, which is quite long, as it has a despcription, how to use, list of ingredients and instructions. When I copy and paste the text in the description box and then press save, the text does not save. When I keep the text small, it works, but with the text needed for my shop, it does not work. Does that mean there is a limit on the size of the text allowed in the description area ?
Thanks !
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hi !
I am having a problem on the problem page. I need to insert my text, which is quite long, as it has a despcription, how to use, list of ingredients and instructions. When I copy and paste the text in the description box and then press save, the text does not save. When I keep the text small, it works, but with the text needed for my shop, it does not work. Does that mean there is a limit on the size of the text allowed in the description area ?
Thanks !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #190396
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Text does not want to save on product page
Hi,
There is indeed a limit of 64 000 characters by default.
If you want to increase it, you will have to run such query via your phpmyadmin:
ALTER TABLE `#__hikashop_product` CHANGE `product_description` `product_description` LONGTEXT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL;
where #__ should be replaced with your table prefix.
There is indeed a limit of 64 000 characters by default.
If you want to increase it, you will have to run such query via your phpmyadmin:
ALTER TABLE `#__hikashop_product` CHANGE `product_description` `product_description` LONGTEXT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci NOT NULL;
where #__ should be replaced with your table prefix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karen_444
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds