Product is not in stock but on "Special Order"
11 years 7 months ago #191256
by MadMan
Engine Monitoring and Performance Systems
Product is not in stock but on "Special Order" was created by MadMan
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.madman.co.za
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hello All,
Some of the products on my shop are on Special Order - They are not held in stock. I want a customer to see the product and the price but he will not be able to order it.
I would like to put text in the Quantity display box so that the product is not flagged as zero stock but can also not be placed in a checkout basket.
So, instead of quantity display, I want to write "Special Order Only" in that field ?
Or is there a better way ?
Thanks
Brian
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Hello All,
Some of the products on my shop are on Special Order - They are not held in stock. I want a customer to see the product and the price but he will not be able to order it.
I would like to put text in the Quantity display box so that the product is not flagged as zero stock but can also not be placed in a checkout basket.
So, instead of quantity display, I want to write "Special Order Only" in that field ?
Or is there a better way ?
Thanks
Brian
Engine Monitoring and Performance Systems
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #191264
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Product is not in stock but on "Special Order"
Hi,
I think that the best way will be to edit the views "product / add_to_cart_listing" and "product / quantity".
Then in these views do a check on the product category, if it is the special category so don't display the cart button and display a custom text instead thanks to:
Layout customisation:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
Translation override:
www.hikashop.com/support/faq.html#tran
I think that the best way will be to edit the views "product / add_to_cart_listing" and "product / quantity".
Then in these views do a check on the product category, if it is the special category so don't display the cart button and display a custom text instead thanks to:
Code:
echo JText::_('SPECIAL_PRODUCT');
Layout customisation:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
Translation override:
www.hikashop.com/support/faq.html#tran
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds