- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Changing characteristic sets the product to Free
11 years 7 months ago #192283
by KulaT
Changing characteristic sets the product to Free was created by KulaT
-- HikaShop version -- : Most recent commercial
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hi,
I'm using HikaShop commercial (the most recent version) on the most recent version of chrome. When I change the Size characteristic of any of the items in my shop, it changes the product to free and removes the thumbnail image. I tried deleting the stock Size characteristic and remaking it, but the problem persists. It also happens across all categories that use the Size characteristic. Other characteristics work perfectly.
Additionally, the default specifications for Public: Adults and Genre: literature are displayed in one of my categories, but it doesn't display in any of my other categories despite all of the styling set to "inherit" and all of the styling options set the same for all categories.
Thank you in advance for your time.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hi,
I'm using HikaShop commercial (the most recent version) on the most recent version of chrome. When I change the Size characteristic of any of the items in my shop, it changes the product to free and removes the thumbnail image. I tried deleting the stock Size characteristic and remaking it, but the problem persists. It also happens across all categories that use the Size characteristic. Other characteristics work perfectly.
Additionally, the default specifications for Public: Adults and Genre: literature are displayed in one of my categories, but it doesn't display in any of my other categories despite all of the styling set to "inherit" and all of the styling options set the same for all categories.
Thank you in advance for your time.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #192311
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Changing characteristic sets the product to Free
Hi,
1. There is a problem with the characteristics data on that page (see the empty dropdown). That's probably the cause of the issue. Try deleting the product and recreating it. That should avoid the problem.
2. Wouldn't it be because your restricted your custom field to only that category ?
1. There is a problem with the characteristics data on that page (see the empty dropdown). That's probably the cause of the issue. Try deleting the product and recreating it. That should avoid the problem.
2. Wouldn't it be because your restricted your custom field to only that category ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #192413
by KulaT
Replied by KulaT on topic Changing characteristic sets the product to Free
Hey Nicolas,
Thank you for your help and reply. Deleting and re-adding the characteristics fixed it. While I have you, are characteristics supposed to automatically update? If I were to add an extra design, would I have to delete and re-add the characterstic for all my products for it to show up?
We will be adding new designs frequently. If there's not a built-in way to automatically update characteristics, could you help me come up with one?
Thank you very much
Thank you for your help and reply. Deleting and re-adding the characteristics fixed it. While I have you, are characteristics supposed to automatically update? If I were to add an extra design, would I have to delete and re-add the characterstic for all my products for it to show up?
We will be adding new designs frequently. If there's not a built-in way to automatically update characteristics, could you help me come up with one?
Thank you very much
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 7 months ago #192419
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Changing characteristic sets the product to Free
Hello,
When you add a value on your characteristic, you'll just have to directly add that value on the variant listing of your product by using the "manage variant" button of your product configuration page.While I have you, are characteristics supposed to automatically update? If I were to add an extra design, would I have to delete and re-add the characterstic for all my products for it to show up?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds