- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 1
Description DIV move to right of photo
11 years 7 months ago #192600
by erhdesign
Description DIV move to right of photo was created by erhdesign
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
192.185.146.115/~xcelxray/index.php/prod...roduct/127-fb-715-nt
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.4
-- PHP version -- : 3.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : ALL
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : NONE
Was able to slide the description upwards to the right of photo but it would not stay there until I changed that div to float none in css. So now it looks good on desktop but is messy on pads and phone. I am looking for advice on how to retain responsive design while also allow the description to fit in its new spot. I modified the show_default.php layout.
I used this in my custom.css file in template to get it to stay.
.hikashop_product_right_part { float: none; padding-left: 1px; }
Am I missing something obvious.
Tutorial below helped but outcome was not as expected.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...-display.html#layout
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.4
-- PHP version -- : 3.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : ALL
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : NONE
Was able to slide the description upwards to the right of photo but it would not stay there until I changed that div to float none in css. So now it looks good on desktop but is messy on pads and phone. I am looking for advice on how to retain responsive design while also allow the description to fit in its new spot. I modified the show_default.php layout.
I used this in my custom.css file in template to get it to stay.
.hikashop_product_right_part { float: none; padding-left: 1px; }
Am I missing something obvious.
Tutorial below helped but outcome was not as expected.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...-display.html#layout
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #192605
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Description DIV move to right of photo
You sure did fine with moving the description part.
Now, your template is having a proprietary grid system built in, which you may want to utilise. Typically, it's simple: add "rt-grid-..." classes to the sections, e.g. like this:
class="hikashop_product_left_part rt-grid-5"
class="hikashop_product_right_part rt-grid-6"
Note that it should be "rt-grid-6" in both cases for a 50%/50% division, but that doesn't work well, probably because "rt-container" must be the class of the parent container somewhere. So, you'll need to ask your template provider for more on such details.
P.S.: Your "float: none;" is not destructive with the above mentioned classes, but you best remove it form the custom CSS again if you are using the rt-grid.
Now, your template is having a proprietary grid system built in, which you may want to utilise. Typically, it's simple: add "rt-grid-..." classes to the sections, e.g. like this:
class="hikashop_product_left_part rt-grid-5"
class="hikashop_product_right_part rt-grid-6"
Note that it should be "rt-grid-6" in both cases for a 50%/50% division, but that doesn't work well, probably because "rt-container" must be the class of the parent container somewhere. So, you'll need to ask your template provider for more on such details.
P.S.: Your "float: none;" is not destructive with the above mentioned classes, but you best remove it form the custom CSS again if you are using the rt-grid.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 7 months ago #192628
by erhdesign
Replied by erhdesign on topic [SOLVED] Description DIV move to right of photo
Okay that helped me get control.

I can now adjust using rt-grid.!
Cheers
e
I can now adjust using rt-grid.!
Cheers
e
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds