- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Characteristics selection method
- chelsea_lim
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #193446
by chelsea_lim
Characteristics selection method was created by chelsea_lim
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
Hi, I am using hikashop business edition. And I have concerns.
Is there a way I can make different characteristic selection method? Let's say I have 3 characteristics, color, layout and type. How can I make 'color' characteristic a radio button and the other 2 drop down as their selection method? Also, can I make the choices as images?
Next, according to the forum posted here, you said that I need to add the image of each variant in order for the image to change when I clicked a choice from the characteristics, but when I click the manage variants button it has text field only, no way I can upload the image.
And when I click my menu which is a product listing of a hikashop category it redirects me to the log in page, does it has something to do with permissions? All my menus and menu module is accessible to public, is there a setting for this?
I cannot continue without setting up my pages and products. I've already started but since you advised me to update, all my customization was removed so I have to set this up before everything else. Kindly advice.
Thanks!
Hi, I am using hikashop business edition. And I have concerns.
Is there a way I can make different characteristic selection method? Let's say I have 3 characteristics, color, layout and type. How can I make 'color' characteristic a radio button and the other 2 drop down as their selection method? Also, can I make the choices as images?
Next, according to the forum posted here, you said that I need to add the image of each variant in order for the image to change when I clicked a choice from the characteristics, but when I click the manage variants button it has text field only, no way I can upload the image.
And when I click my menu which is a product listing of a hikashop category it redirects me to the log in page, does it has something to do with permissions? All my menus and menu module is accessible to public, is there a setting for this?
I cannot continue without setting up my pages and products. I've already started but since you advised me to update, all my customization was removed so I have to set this up before everything else. Kindly advice.
Thanks!
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by chelsea_lim.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #193467
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Characteristics selection method
Hi,
By default there is only a global option for the variants selection. But thanks to view overrides this could be possible to have one display per characteristic.
To display by color, here is a tutorial:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...isplay-by-color.html
When you are in the main product edition page, and you click on "manage variants" you must see a field to add an image
Please check the settings of this menu, you maybe have a sef issue, try to disable the sef fo testing purposes.
If you lost your customizations, that's because you haven't done them correctly.
You need to override the views via the menu Display > Views and not edit them directly in the HikaShop folder.
Here is documentation for that:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
By default there is only a global option for the variants selection. But thanks to view overrides this could be possible to have one display per characteristic.
To display by color, here is a tutorial:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...isplay-by-color.html
When you are in the main product edition page, and you click on "manage variants" you must see a field to add an image
Please check the settings of this menu, you maybe have a sef issue, try to disable the sef fo testing purposes.
If you lost your customizations, that's because you haven't done them correctly.
You need to override the views via the menu Display > Views and not edit them directly in the HikaShop folder.
Here is documentation for that:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- chelsea_lim
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #193611
by chelsea_lim
Replied by chelsea_lim on topic Characteristics selection method
menu settings of joomla or hikashop options?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- chelsea_lim
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #193612
by chelsea_lim
Replied by chelsea_lim on topic Characteristics selection method
Thanks to the tutorial. Another thing, after I made the color icons I can't make the other images appear, is there a setting for this? Also, how can I make the main image appear when I go to product page? Now, when I go to product page, it shows the image assigned for the characteristics. I am new to this sorry. Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #193651
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Characteristics selection method
Hi,
1. The Joomla settings of your menu.
2. If you follow the tutorial there is a section explaining how to make the other images appear. So normally it should work. Please double check that you followed the tutorial.
3. It's normal that you don't see the main product images if you set images in the variants of the product as the images in the variants replace the images of the product on the product page. In that case, you would have to also add the images of the main product to each variant.
1. The Joomla settings of your menu.
2. If you follow the tutorial there is a section explaining how to make the other images appear. So normally it should work. Please double check that you followed the tutorial.
3. It's normal that you don't see the main product images if you set images in the variants of the product as the images in the variants replace the images of the product on the product page. In that case, you would have to also add the images of the main product to each variant.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- chelsea_lim
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #193778
by chelsea_lim
Replied by chelsea_lim on topic Characteristics selection method
actually my settings are all public how can I not access the menu, i mean why does it redirect to login page of hiksahop
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- chelsea_lim
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #193779
by chelsea_lim
Replied by chelsea_lim on topic Characteristics selection method
If I don't set any images for a variant, the main product images will be used? Is there other way I can set images for variants and at the same make other images appear? I have followed this tutorial
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...isplay-by-color.html
, can you provide me the link for this? Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by chelsea_lim.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #193793
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Characteristics selection method
Hi,
The only reason I can think of that Joomla would redirect to the login page is because the menu item is not public. I don't know of any other reason.
Please provide a link to the shop so that we can see that and a screenshot of the joomla settings of the menu item.
As I said, if you want an image to appear for all the variants, you need to add it in each variant as a second image.
The only reason I can think of that Joomla would redirect to the login page is because the menu item is not public. I don't know of any other reason.
Please provide a link to the shop so that we can see that and a screenshot of the joomla settings of the menu item.
As I said, if you want an image to appear for all the variants, you need to add it in each variant as a second image.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- chelsea_lim
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #194041
by chelsea_lim
Replied by chelsea_lim on topic Characteristics selection method
here's the link to the shop:
thequirkshop.com/moleskine/
I think I don't get it. What I am trying to achieve is like this demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...with-multiple-images
And at the same time with variants, as you can see on my shop now when you go to the product page, I already made the color icons, I just want to add other images like in the demo page I provided below the main image.
Please see screenshot for the menu item settings. I highlighted the access level in the image.
Thanks
thequirkshop.com/moleskine/
I think I don't get it. What I am trying to achieve is like this demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...with-multiple-images
And at the same time with variants, as you can see on my shop now when you go to the product page, I already made the color icons, I just want to add other images like in the demo page I provided below the main image.
Please see screenshot for the menu item settings. I highlighted the access level in the image.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #194195
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Characteristics selection method
Hi,
1. Regarding the menu item access restricted to logged in users, I don't know. That's not a problem of HikaShop but the Joomla menu manager. Try to replace it by a new menu item of the type HikaShop categories listing and that should hopefully solve the problem.
2. As I said twice already, you need to add your images in each variant via the "manage variants" button.
1. Regarding the menu item access restricted to logged in users, I don't know. That's not a problem of HikaShop but the Joomla menu manager. Try to replace it by a new menu item of the type HikaShop categories listing and that should hopefully solve the problem.
2. As I said twice already, you need to add your images in each variant via the "manage variants" button.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds