Skip to main content

Cant attach files for download

More
11 years 6 months ago #195792 by 121261
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.0

Hi
trying to attach files for download. Clicking ok just gives a white window box, and nothing happens..

Please advise and help





regards
Bison

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #195794 by Jerome
Hi,

Would it be possible to have more details about what you are trying to do to attach files for download.
In a previous version of HikaShop, we introduced some new security for attachment so now it will refuse some files which are not in your "upload path" or in your Joomla website path.
But it still accept the upload, the http links, etc.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #195865 by 121261
Hi Jerome
I click on "Add" to select a file for download
I select the file and press "OK"
When doing so the the popup just turns white and nothing happens.
Just as the picture above.
Upload path is fine -

This error just happen with the upgrade to latest version

regards
Bison
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by 121261.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #195874 by nicolas
Hi,

So you mean that it happens all the time, regardless of the name of the file or the content of the file ?
Could try again with the "debug mode" and "error reporting" options of the Joomla configuration activated ?
Do you get any error message on the popup at that point ? If so, what is the exact message ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #195941 by 121261
Yes it happens, regardless of the file or the filetype, no message what so ever.
Please advise where to send admin credentials, because something is wrong with the latest hikashop....

regards
Bison

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #195954 by Jerome
Hi,

Please advise where to send admin credentials,

"contact us" form, with a link to that thread (otherwise we won't understand why we received some credentials and what to do with them).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #195961 by 121261
admin credentials has been send.

regards
Bison

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #195994 by nicolas
Hi,

I did a test on your website and I was able to upload a file without any issue: take.ms/PKOSd
So I suppose that your issue is something else. Like the size of the file you're uploading which is too big, or the format of the file which is not valid, or something like that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #196013 by 121261
Hi Nicolas
I didnt say anything about uploading. !!!!

I know I can upload (tried that), but our files is so big, that we upload the files via FTP, and then go to products and select the file.

THATS THE ERROR. -
YOU CANT SELECT A FILE

.....please see above as i described the problem.

Please advise and help.

regards
Bison

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #196017 by Jerome
Hi,

That's why I wrote this message

Would it be possible to have more details about what you are trying to do to attach files for download.
In a previous version of HikaShop, we introduced some new security for attachment so now it will refuse some files which are not in your "upload path" or in your Joomla website path.
But it still accept the upload, the http links, etc.


When I asked you some details about what you are doing ; I didn't expect to have "click on ok button" ; but having details of what you enter for the data and where is the file, what is your upload path, etc.

When you said

I select the file and press "OK"

I'm sorry but it means that you upload a file, not that you entered a file path.
So even if you did not mentioned the "upload", the processed you described made us think that you were uploading files ; because that's the only logical though possible regarding the previous questions and your answers.

The best know will be to answer to my previous question, with some useful details about the file, the path and your configuration.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #196071 by 121261
Hi Jerome
Details:
trying to attach a file, allready uploaded to directory
Clicking "add"
popup opens
Set file mode to "Specify file location"
setting file path
clicking ok
popup box turns white and nothing happens

Configuration:

Allowed files zip,doc,docx,pdf,xls,txt,gz,gzip,rar,jpg,gif,tar.gz,xlsx,pps,csv,bmp,epg,ico,odg,odp,ods,odt,png,ppt,swf,xcf,wmv,avi,mkv,mp3,ogg,flac,wma,fla,flv,mp4,wav,aac,mov,epub,gsd

Upload secure folder
media/com_hikashop/upload/safe/

have tried both with ZIP files and RAR files

Please advise and help

Bison

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #196075 by Jerome
Hi,

Sorry, it still does not answer to my question.
So can you please tell us what location you specified ?

Like I already wrote twice

In a previous version of HikaShop, we introduced some new security for attachment so now it will refuse some files which are not in your "upload path" or in your Joomla website path.

It means that your issue is related to the path you specified for the file ; not the extension or the size, just the path and only that.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #196128 by 121261
It cant attach files that are in this path
media/com_hikashop/upload/safe/
or any sub directories here of...

I`ll guess the reason for the safe dir, is that you can put your files in there to make them protected, right.
I`ve done what the doc and the admin screen asks me too.
I`m not gonna put out our dir names here on the fora, but I can send it to you,
or
this could probely have been solved a long time ago, if you had just asked for ftp access.

its NOT the first time, that hikashop dont work as is - the last time, you also had to correct some files via ftp..
KINDLY - say what you need, so we can get this fixed NOW......

Bison

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #196162 by nicolas
Hi,

That's the path of your upload folder. What we wanted to know is an example of what you entered in the "path" field of the popup so that we could reproduce the problem.
As you didn't provide it yet, I went ahead and did a test with a random relative path test_hikashop.zip and was finally able to get the issue on your website.
A FTP access can be great when there is a problem that we are able to reproduce on your website but not on our end. So far, we were not able to see the problem on your website and not on our end either so a FTP access wouldn't have helped or made it faster. What we needed was a precise explanation of how to reproduce the problem.
So now that I knew how to reproduce the issue on your website, I went and tried to reproduce the issue on a test server on our end and found out that the issue was there too. So I actually made a patch and fixed the issue on our end and we generated a new build of the release with the patch included.
Now, you can download the install package via the menu My account>My subscriptions on our website and install it on yours and that will add the patch so you won't have the problem anymore.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum