- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Deleted variant keeps showing itself.
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #197358
by akooring
Deleted variant keeps showing itself. was created by akooring
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.elsenique.com
-- HikaShop version -- : Business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4
Hikashop keeps showing a deleted variant in my products.
The variant is empty but i found out that it is refering to a deleted variant 'size'.
Is there a way to wipe out this variant forever?
-- HikaShop version -- : Business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4
Hikashop keeps showing a deleted variant in my products.
The variant is empty but i found out that it is refering to a deleted variant 'size'.
Is there a way to wipe out this variant forever?
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Jerome. Reason: remove duplicate content
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 6 months ago #197379
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Deleted variant keeps showing itself.
Hi,
Deleted variants are deleted.
However, the system will display the choice in the characteristic dropdown if it is needed for another variant.
For example, if you have two characteristics: color (red and blue) and size (M and L).
If you remove the blue L variant, it will still be selectable in the dropdowns on the product page as L is necessary for the red L variant and blue is necessary for the blue M variants.
Now I don't know your specifics, so it might be something else.
In that case, please describe precisely the problem and how you setup your product/variants and provide a link to it.
Deleted variants are deleted.
However, the system will display the choice in the characteristic dropdown if it is needed for another variant.
For example, if you have two characteristics: color (red and blue) and size (M and L).
If you remove the blue L variant, it will still be selectable in the dropdowns on the product page as L is necessary for the red L variant and blue is necessary for the blue M variants.
Now I don't know your specifics, so it might be something else.
In that case, please describe precisely the problem and how you setup your product/variants and provide a link to it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #197431
by akooring
Replied by akooring on topic Deleted variant keeps showing itself.
Thank you for responding.
More specific to my problem is that I only want to show one variant. That is a variant for resizing. I tried one variant but I was not happy about the result so a made another one. The second one showed the things I wanted. I deleted the first one and the website was working with only one variant. However the deleted first variant is still showing on the product page, with empty fields. I managed to figure out with firebug that is the deleted first variant. I re checked but in the configuration of hikashop there only one variant remaining.
It looks like the deleted variant is somewhere in the cache of hikashop. In joomla I wiped out the cache and empty the recycle bin.
I am still stuck with this 'ghostly' variant on my product page.
Example found here; elsenique.com/halssieraden/blauw-groen/product/226-141060-
Best regards
Arie
More specific to my problem is that I only want to show one variant. That is a variant for resizing. I tried one variant but I was not happy about the result so a made another one. The second one showed the things I wanted. I deleted the first one and the website was working with only one variant. However the deleted first variant is still showing on the product page, with empty fields. I managed to figure out with firebug that is the deleted first variant. I re checked but in the configuration of hikashop there only one variant remaining.
It looks like the deleted variant is somewhere in the cache of hikashop. In joomla I wiped out the cache and empty the recycle bin.
I am still stuck with this 'ghostly' variant on my product page.
Example found here; elsenique.com/halssieraden/blauw-groen/product/226-141060-
Best regards
Arie
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #197454
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Deleted variant keeps showing itself.
Hi,
You're talking about a characteristic, not a variant.
Remove all the characteristics from your product, save the product, and add the characteristic you want again to the product and save it again. The system should then regenerate properly the variants of the product.
You're talking about a characteristic, not a variant.
Remove all the characteristics from your product, save the product, and add the characteristic you want again to the product and save it again. The system should then regenerate properly the variants of the product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #197627
by akooring
Replied by akooring on topic Deleted variant keeps showing itself.
Okay that is the trick!
Thank you Nicolas, great help.
Best regards
Arie
Thank you Nicolas, great help.
Best regards
Arie
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #198062
by Cynthia-V
Replied by Cynthia-V on topic Deleted variant keeps showing itself.
I removed characteristics from the product and from product>characteristics, but still the dropdown field shows.
Hikashop Business 2.4.0, Joomla 3.3.1, PHP 5.3.28, MySQL 5.5.39
URL: www.groentjecider.nl/index.php/webshop/product/3-flevocider
Hikashop Business 2.4.0, Joomla 3.3.1, PHP 5.3.28, MySQL 5.5.39
URL: www.groentjecider.nl/index.php/webshop/product/3-flevocider
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Cynthia-V.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #198067
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Deleted variant keeps showing itself.
Hi,
It looks like you still have something in your database which link the product with a characteristic (which does not exist anymore).
Can you please check in your database, for the table "hikashop_variant" if you have some entries for the "variant_product_id = 3".
If so, you have to delete them in order to clean the database.
I created a ticket in order to see to reproduce your issue.
Regards,
It looks like you still have something in your database which link the product with a characteristic (which does not exist anymore).
Can you please check in your database, for the table "hikashop_variant" if you have some entries for the "variant_product_id = 3".
If so, you have to delete them in order to clean the database.
I created a ticket in order to see to reproduce your issue.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #198176
by Cynthia-V
Replied by Cynthia-V on topic Deleted variant keeps showing itself.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #198180
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Deleted variant keeps showing itself.
Hi,
Okay, but I see that you have entries with the "variant_characteristic_id" empty ( 0 ).
It is not a valid value for the variant so I'm wondering how you got this.
If you still have the issue without these entries ; some access to your website will be required in order to perform some tests and understand why the loading of your product return an empty characteristic.
Regards,
Okay, but I see that you have entries with the "variant_characteristic_id" empty ( 0 ).
It is not a valid value for the variant so I'm wondering how you got this.
If you still have the issue without these entries ; some access to your website will be required in order to perform some tests and understand why the loading of your product return an empty characteristic.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds