Skip to main content

Editing views for a new template override

More
11 years 5 months ago #198733 by saturnales
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6

Hello,

Some of my product have to be displayed differently on some pages.

I tried to duplacate my main gantry template, but when i try to edit the display in hikashop>display>views i can'y see my new template even if i assigned to it the concerned menu links.

How to do it ?


Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #198745 by helia_dar
I think this is what I'm look for too.

My product list page needs side bar modules for filter and mini cart. See:

www.buyphonesonline.ca/desk-phones/product/listing.html

My product details page should not have any side bar modules and only showcase the product. See:

www.buyphonesonline.ca/desk-phones/produ...-650-desk-phone.html

How to specify a different template override / style for the product details page?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #198770 by Jerome
Hi,

You need to duplicate your Joomla template correctly, as explained in this tutorial:
www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/duplicate-a-joomla-template/
Then it should work fine.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: saturnales

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #199403 by helia_dar
Hi Jerome, I'm pretty sure I've duplicated the way specified in the tutorial however the "Product Page" retains the same style as the "Product List" page.

When a user is on the "Product List" page and clicks on a product to navigate to the "Product Page", how do I specify that it uses the duplicated template and not the template for the "Product List" page?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #199445 by nicolas
Hi,

If you just want to hide modules on the side based on the page you're on, I don't see how creating different styles of your template will help.
Instead, you should use the extension Advanced Modules Manager and use the fine grained options of the modules via the modules manager to specifically exclude the product pages for the display of these modules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum