- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Donor option to pay bank fees
- Brian Hach
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 5 months ago #200013
by Brian Hach
Donor option to pay bank fees was created by Brian Hach
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
angelwingsfdn.org
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
Requesting best options to add "user/donor" option such as a radio button to calculate % in the event they would like to cover paypal or other fees. I would like an automatic solution whereas the user would:
1) fill in donation amount (-via custom field - works flawless thanks to Hikashop!)
2) allow the user to optionally select radio button to force a fee calculation for paypal use based on custom input field in donation.
Ex.
Donate $100 then user selects "Donor pay the banking fee" and then a calculation provided the solution on the cart. I have adapted to demonstrate in attached image.
How to do it? As a tax, as a shipping fee, or something without to much of a headache but looks slick :silly:
In the image the processing fee is predicated on the mandatory input on the paypal plugin. I want it to be shopping cart or product specific. A huge thanks for assistance and I will try and pay it forward as I am a learner!
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
Requesting best options to add "user/donor" option such as a radio button to calculate % in the event they would like to cover paypal or other fees. I would like an automatic solution whereas the user would:
1) fill in donation amount (-via custom field - works flawless thanks to Hikashop!)
2) allow the user to optionally select radio button to force a fee calculation for paypal use based on custom input field in donation.
Ex.
Donate $100 then user selects "Donor pay the banking fee" and then a calculation provided the solution on the cart. I have adapted to demonstrate in attached image.
How to do it? As a tax, as a shipping fee, or something without to much of a headache but looks slick :silly:
In the image the processing fee is predicated on the mandatory input on the paypal plugin. I want it to be shopping cart or product specific. A huge thanks for assistance and I will try and pay it forward as I am a learner!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #200030
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Donor option to pay bank fees
Hi,
Entering the amount in a field is indeed easy with a custom order field and that would then be handled automatically.
But if you then want that amount to be used as a fee added to the order, it will require the development of a small HikaShop plugin implementing the onAfterCartProductsLoad(&$cart) trigger to add an "additional". If you're a developer, you can look at this plugin as an example: www.hikashop.com/forum/taxes/873285-fix-tax-import.html#190511
Entering the amount in a field is indeed easy with a custom order field and that would then be handled automatically.
But if you then want that amount to be used as a fee added to the order, it will require the development of a small HikaShop plugin implementing the onAfterCartProductsLoad(&$cart) trigger to add an "additional". If you're a developer, you can look at this plugin as an example: www.hikashop.com/forum/taxes/873285-fix-tax-import.html#190511
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds