Categories and menu items
11 years 5 months ago #200685
by ertmania
ertmania.dk - Elektronik-produkter - gaver til børn
Categories and menu items was created by ertmania
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
minmobilservice.dk/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1.
My Hikashop displays categories and products with the content module. I have, in my top menu, a menu item called "REPARATION"
When clicking on the REPARATION button, the categories are displayed. Thats all good.
My issue is, that in my vertical menu I would like to have buttons corresponding to the categories and products content.
The menu items you can see now, I has created using, System link>intern URL. The URL I got from the address field, when the content module is displaying the categories and products.
I would like Hikashop to create the vetical menu items automaticly, when I create a new category or product. Is that possible?
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1.
My Hikashop displays categories and products with the content module. I have, in my top menu, a menu item called "REPARATION"
When clicking on the REPARATION button, the categories are displayed. Thats all good.
My issue is, that in my vertical menu I would like to have buttons corresponding to the categories and products content.
The menu items you can see now, I has created using, System link>intern URL. The URL I got from the address field, when the content module is displaying the categories and products.
I would like Hikashop to create the vetical menu items automaticly, when I create a new category or product. Is that possible?
ertmania.dk - Elektronik-produkter - gaver til børn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #200714
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Categories and menu items
Hi,
Yes and no.
There is no system to automatically create menu items out of categories.
However, you can use category listing modules to generate such sidebar tree automatically. In fact there is one already created by default when you install HikaShop and all you have to do is to enable it via the Joomla modules manager. It is called "categories on 2 levels".
Yes and no.
There is no system to automatically create menu items out of categories.
However, you can use category listing modules to generate such sidebar tree automatically. In fact there is one already created by default when you install HikaShop and all you have to do is to enable it via the Joomla modules manager. It is called "categories on 2 levels".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #200767
by ertmania
ertmania.dk - Elektronik-produkter - gaver til børn
Replied by ertmania on topic Categories and menu items
Okay.
I already looked at that option, but if I understand the "2 category levels" it does not create links to Mobile phone repair>iPhone repair>iPhone 4 repair>iPhone 4 g for example, but only for Mobile phone repair and iPhone repair right?
I already looked at that option, but if I understand the "2 category levels" it does not create links to Mobile phone repair>iPhone repair>iPhone 4 repair>iPhone 4 g for example, but only for Mobile phone repair and iPhone repair right?
ertmania.dk - Elektronik-produkter - gaver til børn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #200774
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Categories and menu items
Hi,
If you need more than two levels of categories, then yes, that module doesn't do that. In that case, you could potentially use a third party module like this one:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/skyline-...cordion-for-hikashop
If you need more than two levels of categories, then yes, that module doesn't do that. In that case, you could potentially use a third party module like this one:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/skyline-...cordion-for-hikashop
The following user(s) said Thank You: ertmania
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #200814
by ertmania
ertmania.dk - Elektronik-produkter - gaver til børn
Replied by ertmania on topic Categories and menu items
Thank you, I will tale a look.
ertmania.dk - Elektronik-produkter - gaver til børn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds