- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
Default rules for content display on frontend
11 years 3 months ago #207228
by mario.net
Default rules for content display on frontend was created by mario.net
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.25
Perhaps I am missing something obvious here, but...
I have created a simple catalog:
CatA
SubCatA1
CatB
SubCatB1
SubCatB2
If I create a menuitem (of type 'category listing') pointing to the root node 'product category', I can set the display options for the categories and the products (via the 'HikaShop Options'). Url is like:
http://mysite/joomla/index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=category&layout=listing&Itemid=335
Then, when I click on a category or a subcategory, Url becames:
http://mysite/joomla/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=category&task=listing&cid=38&name=monta-inglese&Itemid=335
But in this page the display options for categories and products are different!
How does HikaShop choose how to display this content?
Where can I define 'default' display options for my category pages, without creating a menuitem for each one?
Thank you
Mario
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.25
Perhaps I am missing something obvious here, but...
I have created a simple catalog:
CatA
SubCatA1
CatB
SubCatB1
SubCatB2
If I create a menuitem (of type 'category listing') pointing to the root node 'product category', I can set the display options for the categories and the products (via the 'HikaShop Options'). Url is like:
http://mysite/joomla/index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=category&layout=listing&Itemid=335
Then, when I click on a category or a subcategory, Url becames:
http://mysite/joomla/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=category&task=listing&cid=38&name=monta-inglese&Itemid=335
But in this page the display options for categories and products are different!
How does HikaShop choose how to display this content?
Where can I define 'default' display options for my category pages, without creating a menuitem for each one?
Thank you
Mario
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 3 months ago #207231
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Default rules for content display on frontend
Hello Mario,
What do you exactly mean by it ? If these category listings are part of the same menu, their configuration should be the same.But in this page the display options for categories and products are different!
It will just depend on the way you have configured your category listing content menu.How does HikaShop choose how to display this content?
You'll have ONE configuration per category listing content menu, in your case, you should only have one configuration for each page of your category listing content menu which have the ID 355 (ItemID).Where can I define 'default' display options for my category pages, without creating a menuitem for each one?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds