- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 0
Falang, no products shown
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.35
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 39, safari 8.0.7, Chrome 43
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message
Hei
After installing Falang, and making my site multilingual, there are no products in the categories.
Using Falang: 2.0 and Hikashop 2.5.0
The categories are shown, and i can translate products and categories in falang, but there are no products.
In hikashop multilanguage support is enabled.
see: padleopplevelser.no/index.php/en/hikasho...r-categories-listing
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This indicates a problem with the settings of the menu "webshop"/"hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing". Go in the menu Display>Content menus and edit it. There, make sure that it has an associated products listing and that it is configured properly.
If you don't find the issue, please provide a screenshot of that settings page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have no idear what to look for
Here is the pictures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
seems like i got i working now
- Only display categories with products, had to set to no - witch is i bit strange.
BUT: when i click on a product it is redirected to the norwegian product not the english one ??????
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
I just tested it and it correctly redirected me through an English product page:
padleopplevelser.no/index.php/en/hikasho.../product/5-handpumpe
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am sitting in a norwegian browser, and here is what is happening.
Choose language english - goes to webshop - goes to category - choose product - the language is changed to norwegian and the norwegian version of the product is shown - tho show the english version i have to choose english language again.
see video
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJdm3HEdFxs
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It's probably because you filled in the "canonical URL" field of your products and that you have the "force canonical URL on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration turned on.
So the system will always redirect to the same URL for the product page, regardless of the current language.
Either turn off that setting, or provide a different canonical URL for each language for each product, or remove the canonical URL of your products and it should work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
I have the same problem.
I have four languages.
Must I create four times a hika-menu-for-categories-listing and link it to each language?
Heidi
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't recommend that.
Instead of that, I would recommend to go in your Falang extension and use its translation tool to translate the menu item in the different languages. That will reduce the possibilities of issues.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
The categories don't, I did it with the module module Categories on 1 level, I translated also with falang but it stands always in dutch.
Another thing is I don't know to how to install the "force canonical URL on listings".
I did it with No URL's and by my products on the product I didn't put a canonical URL, but with Falang
index.php/en/categories-listing/product/3-al-test
index.php/fr/categories-listing/product/3-al-test
index.php/nl/categories-listing/product/3-al-test
index.php/de/categories-listing/product/3-al-test
De alias from the menu categories listing I changed to → categories-listing cf hika-menu-for-categories-listing.
But it don't work.
Regards
Heidi
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. It looks like this is working on your website.
When the website is in English, the categories module categories are in English:
take.ms/gzUZn
When the website is in Dutch, the categories module categories are in Dutch:
take.ms/pBc4D
2. If you activate the "force canonical URL on listings" setting, you need to configure the "canonical URL" field of the product page for each language, not only the alias field.
When you click on the flag to do the translation of the product when you edit the product, you should see that canonical URL field in the translation popup. If you don't, download again the HikaShop install package and install it on your website (we've added a patch for that in the last few days).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
I've downloaded and installed the new version of Hikashop Bussiness.
The categories works now.
But the product not.
See attached .
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
What do you mean by "the product not" ?
The product links seem to work just fine on your website, no ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Only AlcoScan AL-7000, their I have once an english version. The others not.
I see on the flags that the url is always
index.php/nl/categories-listing/product/insectenverdelger-cri-cri-30w
index.php/fr/categories-listing/product/insectenverdelger-cri-cri-30w
index.php/en/categories-listing/product/insectenverdelger-cri-cri-30w
index.php/de/categories-listing/product/insectenverdelger-cri-cri-30w
but it must
index.php/nl/categories-listing/product/insectenverdelger-cri-cri-30w
index.php/fr/categories-listing/product/exterminateurs-insectes-CRI-CRI-30W
index.php/en/categories-listing/product/insect-exterminators-CRI-CRI-30W
index.php/de/categories-listing/product/insektenvernichter-CRI-CRI-30W
Perhaps is that the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The fact that the alias is not used in the URL is not the problem.
As long as the language tag is correct in the URL, you'll see the description and other elements in the correct language on the product page when you translate them.
If not, it means that there is something else missing in the Falang configuration or in the Languages manager of Joomla and I would recommend that you check that you went through the different steps listed there :
demo.hikashop.com/index.php/fr/hikashop/...ge/with-translations
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
I went to Fallang → translations and published everything.
That was my problem.
Now it's works.
Can I make "the terms of conditions" also in different languages?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In HikaShop, the "Terms & Condition" is a Joomla Article.
So you have to translate it using Falang to have it in different languages.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
But in the free version of Falang it isn't possible to translate Joomla Article.
Regards
Heidi
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't see another possibility than by translating it with Falang.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.