- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Product not accessible from product listing page
11 years 2 months ago #209571
by valerun
Product not accessible from product listing page was created by valerun
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : mozilla firefox 38.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message
I am working on the renovation of a joomla 2.5 website to joomla 3.3 website along with new design implementation. For the new website I have migrated the db from the old website database to new website database . I copied over all the tables of hikashop into the new database .
All the products and categories turned up fine. But now when I click on a individual product from the product listing I am redirected back to the product listing page only.
This is the store url ( emotorwerks.com/newsitetest/emotorwerks/index.php/store ). This is one of the product url ( emotorwerks.com/newsitetest/emotorwerks/...e-with-24-foot-cable ) . No matter what changes i make to the url after the "store" it always takes me to the same product listing page. I am not sure whether this is the problem of database migration or some configuration related problem.Moreover, the cart is also not able to delete selected products . Please take a look into it .
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : mozilla firefox 38.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message
I am working on the renovation of a joomla 2.5 website to joomla 3.3 website along with new design implementation. For the new website I have migrated the db from the old website database to new website database . I copied over all the tables of hikashop into the new database .
All the products and categories turned up fine. But now when I click on a individual product from the product listing I am redirected back to the product listing page only.
This is the store url ( emotorwerks.com/newsitetest/emotorwerks/index.php/store ). This is one of the product url ( emotorwerks.com/newsitetest/emotorwerks/...e-with-24-foot-cable ) . No matter what changes i make to the url after the "store" it always takes me to the same product listing page. I am not sure whether this is the problem of database migration or some configuration related problem.Moreover, the cart is also not able to delete selected products . Please take a look into it .
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #209577
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Product not accessible from product listing page
Hi,
Would it be possible to know more about your Joomla menu "store" configuration and your HikaShop SEF configuration.
It looks like a SEF issue because if you generate a non-SEF url, the page is working.
emotorwerks.com/newsitetest/emotorwerks/...e-with-24-foot-cable
Afterwards, it could be also link to the "canonical" configuration of your products and your HikaShop settings for the canonical management.
Regards,
Would it be possible to know more about your Joomla menu "store" configuration and your HikaShop SEF configuration.
It looks like a SEF issue because if you generate a non-SEF url, the page is working.
emotorwerks.com/newsitetest/emotorwerks/...e-with-24-foot-cable
Afterwards, it could be also link to the "canonical" configuration of your products and your HikaShop settings for the canonical management.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: valerun
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #209638
by valerun
Replied by valerun on topic Product not accessible from product listing page
Hi Jerome,
Thanks for your reply. I have successfully resolved the issue by choosing the "generate and use sef urls " configuration. Thanks much . But now I am facing a very strange problem that the product chosen by one user are also appearing to the other users on the website. Hikashop must be using cookies for cart management . But even if I delete my cookie I still get the older details of the product earlier chosen. Any idea what might be causing it ?
Thanks for your reply. I have successfully resolved the issue by choosing the "generate and use sef urls " configuration. Thanks much . But now I am facing a very strange problem that the product chosen by one user are also appearing to the other users on the website. Hikashop must be using cookies for cart management . But even if I delete my cookie I still get the older details of the product earlier chosen. Any idea what might be causing it ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #209661
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product not accessible from product listing page
Hi,
HikaShop doesn't use cookies.
This would be possible either if you would have problems with your server regarding the Joomla session (you can try to change the "session handler" setting of the Joomla configuration and see if that helps), or if you had a caching issue (you can try to turn off the caching setting of the Joomla configuration and/or the joomla cache system plugin via the Joomla plugins manager).
HikaShop doesn't use cookies.
This would be possible either if you would have problems with your server regarding the Joomla session (you can try to change the "session handler" setting of the Joomla configuration and see if that helps), or if you had a caching issue (you can try to turn off the caching setting of the Joomla configuration and/or the joomla cache system plugin via the Joomla plugins manager).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds