- Posts: 62
- Thank you received: 0
Hikashop Category Then Going to a Product Listing
HI there,
I am wanting to know if I can set the Category layout from a menu link, and then it loads the catregory layout. When a user chooses a category, that the next category is a 'Product Listing' layout.
Is there a way to do this? If so, how?
Many thank for your help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Did you take a look at that tutorial page ?
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...splay-front-end.html
Best is to use a category listing menu with a product listing module.
If the first category do not have any product inside and you display "direct sub elements" for the product listing ; you won't see the product listing on the first page but you will see it on the next pages (on the sub categories).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Perhaps my reading or comprehensions skills are not good, I do not know.
I will do as what you suggested above and hopefully I will get that result. Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
At the moment it is still outputting 'catregories_listing' but it is having the Products listing under the DIV submodules. Is this what is supposed to do?
because I am not wanting the categories_listing (I tohugh it should be 'products_listing) as it is displaying the title. I could hide that by CSS but I would prefer to make sure I have it setup correctly. As there is no way that I can see that I can turn off the Categories title as I have my own specific content that I am displaying in the category information.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you want to turn off the display of the page heading of a menu item, you can edit that menu item via the Joomla menu manager and turn off the "show page heading" setting there.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Because if you click the menu item of the category listing, and then on that page click the next category it will not be relevant to a menu listing.
I guess I would need to do it in the category Iinformation then if thats the case?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So I have no way of being able to turn off the content generated from Hikashop from 'category-view box bigtitle'
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You do. As I said in my previous message, if you turn off the "show page heading" setting of the menu item, that will remove the title from the menu item pages.So I have no way of being able to turn off the content generated from Hikashop from 'category-view box bigtitle'
The system will either use the menu item title or the current category name for the title. This depends on the "Use menu name instead of category name for the title" setting of the menu item.I actually have 'title' in the menu settings for that category turned off. If I change the menu name, the title is being generated from the category name because if I change the category name it changes.
And you can still hide the title for only some categories with simple CSS like this:
.hikashop_category_listing_XXX h1{ display:none; }
Where XXX is the id of the category for which you want to hide the title.
Note that looking at your HTML, this won't work on your website has your template has customized the listing view files and doesn't include the hikashop_category_listing_XXX class in the main div of your listings like HikaShop does by default.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I believe for that View file I didnt touch that part of the DIV giving the category_listing a XXX. But the ID category_information_menu is getting a XXX however. Is this not correct?
I was trying to avoiid doing it by CSS, but I will try just doing your 'show page heading' to on with it blank instead, thanks
One last thing, is it possible to use SVG for images because the quality of my images on mobile devices is awful as I am using line drawings (similar to icons and technical drawings) and they look not very good. Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
However the problem I am having is that Hikashop's HTML field for entering in data is deleting my OBJECT code to be able to insert the SVG when I save it. I also tried EMBED but it also does it.
Is there somewhere in the Hikashop code I can remove it doing this? I am using Text editor only and in the 'Descreiption' field it doesnt remove the code. Just in the custom field I created with WSIYG editor.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Each menu will have his menu ID in his html ID.
HikaShop can handle SVG images but you need to update your HikaShop configuration in order to add the "svg" as an authorized image format :
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...fig.html#main_images
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
However I assume you are referring to the options in configuration to add the SVG file extension. I didnt actually know you could add anything in there, and I done that and is working fine......now my drawings are nice and clear in tabs/phones
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Are you sure that is a custom field for images ?
Because the message indicates that you have a "file" custom field, not an image one.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We're not able to reproduce the issue.
Can you provide a screenshot of the settings of that custom field and a screenshot of the "Files" area of your HikaShop configuration?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Ok I see the issue.
Can you also add the svg extension to the "Allowed files" setting of the HikaShop configuration and try again ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.