- Posts: 62
- Thank you received: 0
Text Output Change from Checkboxes
11 years 1 month ago #211602
by ninjab
Text Output Change from Checkboxes was created by ninjab
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
Hi there,
I have added a customfield checkbox selection for the backend to select a colour, and the data is outputted on the front end as just text (which is what I want it to do). What I am wanting to know, is how to I add a space after the data as its having commas without spaces between each colour name?
For example, the output is outputting this at the moment:
Red,Blue,Green
And I am wanting to show like this:
Red, Blue, Green.
I assume the change would need to be done in PHP?
My alternative option is just change the customfield to a text box and enter the colours in manually but I'd prefer not to.
Many thanks.
Hi there,
I have added a customfield checkbox selection for the backend to select a colour, and the data is outputted on the front end as just text (which is what I want it to do). What I am wanting to know, is how to I add a space after the data as its having commas without spaces between each colour name?
For example, the output is outputting this at the moment:
Red,Blue,Green
And I am wanting to show like this:
Red, Blue, Green.
I assume the change would need to be done in PHP?
My alternative option is just change the customfield to a text box and enter the colours in manually but I'd prefer not to.
Many thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211633
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Text Output Change from Checkboxes
Hi,
Here is the code which handles the display of the checkbox custom fields values on the frontend:
take.ms/vbwVo
It's in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php
As you can see, the separator there is already a comma followed by a space. So that should already be the case, unless that code has been changed on your website or something else is modifying the output.
Could you provide a link to a product page with the issue so that we can look at it ? Can you also check that the code in the field.php is correct ?
Here is the code which handles the display of the checkbox custom fields values on the frontend:
take.ms/vbwVo
It's in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php
As you can see, the separator there is already a comma followed by a space. So that should already be the case, unless that code has been changed on your website or something else is modifying the output.
Could you provide a link to a product page with the issue so that we can look at it ? Can you also check that the code in the field.php is correct ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #211643
by ninjab
Replied by ninjab on topic Text Output Change from Checkboxes
Hi Nicholas, thankd for the reply.
I have it only on a localserver at the moment with wamp.
Its strange, I found the code you mentioned and it had the space. But doesnt seem to generate like that.
This is the code here:
Thanks.
I have it only on a localserver at the moment with wamp.
Its strange, I found the code you mentioned and it had the space. But doesnt seem to generate like that.
This is the code here:
Code:
class hikashopCheckbox extends hikashopRadioCheck {
var $radioType = 'checkbox';
function display($field, $value, $map, $inside, $options = '', $test = false, $allFields = null, $allValues = null){
if(!is_array($value)){
$value = explode(',',$value);
}
return parent::display($field,$value,$map,$inside,$options,$test,$allFields,$allValues);
}
function show(&$field,$value){
if(!is_array($value)){
$value = explode(',',$value);
}
if(!empty($field->field_value) && !is_array($field->field_value)){
$field->field_value = $this->parent->explodeValues($field->field_value);
}
$results = array();
foreach($value as $val){
if(isset($field->field_value[$val]))
$val = $field->field_value[$val]->value;
$results[] = parent::show($field,$val);
}
return implode(', ',$results);
}
Thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by ninjab.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211678
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Text Output Change from Checkboxes
Hi,
Then I'm afraid we'll have to look at the issue directly on the page. Could you put it temporarily online so that we could access it ?
Then I'm afraid we'll have to look at the issue directly on the page. Could you put it temporarily online so that we could access it ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds