- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Building an Affiliate Marketing site with Hikashop
11 years 1 month ago #211618
by Kaos
Building an Affiliate Marketing site with Hikashop was created by Kaos
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.3
Hi there,
1. I would like to know if hikashop provides the functionality for setting up an affiliate store (I will only be marketing the products i.e catalog mode and the products will typically link to an external url from the product page). If this is possible, please explain to me how to go about it as I am having some difficulties.
2. I will also like to customize the product page so that the product title links to the external url of the seller's site, but the product image still links to the product details/description page on my own site.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.3
Hi there,
1. I would like to know if hikashop provides the functionality for setting up an affiliate store (I will only be marketing the products i.e catalog mode and the products will typically link to an external url from the product page). If this is possible, please explain to me how to go about it as I am having some difficulties.
2. I will also like to customize the product page so that the product title links to the external url of the seller's site, but the product image still links to the product details/description page on my own site.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #211630
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Building an Affiliate Marketing site with Hikashop
Hi,
1. Sure. You can create a custom field of the table "product" via the menu Display>Custom fields with the Essential or Business edition and then that link can be displayed automatically on the product page if you turn on the frontend display option of the field and enter the external URL in the custom field.
2. You can edit the file "listing_img_title" of the "product" view via the menu Display>Views for that. You can change the code:
to:
where FIELD is to be replaced with the column name of your custom field.
1. Sure. You can create a custom field of the table "product" via the menu Display>Custom fields with the Essential or Business edition and then that link can be displayed automatically on the product page if you turn on the frontend display option of the field and enter the external URL in the custom field.
2. You can edit the file "listing_img_title" of the "product" view via the menu Display>Views for that. You can change the code:
Code:
<a href="<?php echo $link;?>">
<?php }
echo $this->row->product_name;
Code:
<a href="<?php echo $this->row->FIELD;?>">
<?php }
echo $this->row->product_name;
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaos
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211660
by Kaos
Replied by Kaos on topic Building an Affiliate Marketing site with Hikashop
Thank you so much.
I also wanted to ask in addition, is there any module for hikashop that offers automatic email notifications on product updates?
So for example, I want a customer to be able to subscribe to get an alert on a particular product if the price is change i.e there is a sale on that item.
I will get back to you in case I run into any other problems. I just want to test out the free version of hikashop for my affiliate store at the moment and then I will certainly be buying the full version once my store starts generating some income.
I also wanted to ask in addition, is there any module for hikashop that offers automatic email notifications on product updates?
So for example, I want a customer to be able to subscribe to get an alert on a particular product if the price is change i.e there is a sale on that item.
I will get back to you in case I run into any other problems. I just want to test out the free version of hikashop for my affiliate store at the moment and then I will certainly be buying the full version once my store starts generating some income.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211675
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Building an Affiliate Marketing site with Hikashop
Hi,
There is an email notification systems but it is limited and won't allow you to do that:
It is called "waitlist" and allows you to subscribe to notifications when a product is out of stock so you'll get notified when stock is added.
If you're a developer, or if you can hire one, it could be possible to take example on that plugin to create your own email notification system in order to do what you need.
There is an email notification systems but it is limited and won't allow you to do that:
It is called "waitlist" and allows you to subscribe to notifications when a product is out of stock so you'll get notified when stock is added.
If you're a developer, or if you can hire one, it could be possible to take example on that plugin to create your own email notification system in order to do what you need.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211691
by Kaos
Replied by Kaos on topic Building an Affiliate Marketing site with Hikashop
Oh I see. I have seen the waitlist feature in action. Thank you very much, I will definitely take a look at the plugin. To finalize, where can I get the code for the waitlist plugin? Is it included in the source files for the business edition of hikashop?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211709
by lousyfool
Yes. See the documentation here: www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ml#features_waitlist
where among other notes it says
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Building an Affiliate Marketing site with Hikashop
Kaos wrote: ... the waitlist plugin? Is it included in the source files for the business edition of hikashop?
Yes. See the documentation here: www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ml#features_waitlist
where among other notes it says
This option is available in all commercial versions of HikaShop.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaos
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #211694
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Building an Affiliate Marketing site with Hikashop
Hi,
The waitlist feature is provided by HikaShop essential and HikaShop business.
Regards,
The waitlist feature is provided by HikaShop essential and HikaShop business.
www.hikashop.com/extensions.htmlWaiting list to which users can subsribe for out of stock products
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds