- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
SEF URL linking needed for adding a function.
- MartinNapier
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 1 month ago #212947
by MartinNapier
SEF URL linking needed for adding a function. was created by MartinNapier
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
Hi,
I've run into a problem when combining Hikashop with chill creations iDEAL.
to have the correct page load when I return from iDEAL joomla's SEO settings for Search Engine Friendly URLs needs to be turned OFF. However if I turn it off all the products in the webshop link to the front page rather than their product pages, when I click on them.
Now I've read that this might have something to do with setting canonical URL's. Thing is all the products have that section filled in when I check them. So why is it impossible to visit the page when I turn SEF URL's off, but I'm still able to visit the page when SEF URL's is on?
Regards,
Martin
Hi,
I've run into a problem when combining Hikashop with chill creations iDEAL.
to have the correct page load when I return from iDEAL joomla's SEO settings for Search Engine Friendly URLs needs to be turned OFF. However if I turn it off all the products in the webshop link to the front page rather than their product pages, when I click on them.
Now I've read that this might have something to do with setting canonical URL's. Thing is all the products have that section filled in when I check them. So why is it impossible to visit the page when I turn SEF URL's off, but I'm still able to visit the page when SEF URL's is on?
Regards,
Martin
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #212948
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic SEF URL linking needed for adding a function.
Hi,
What you want to do in that case is turn off the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration. That will prevent the issue with the links going to the product pages.
However, a better option is to keep the SEF of Joomla turned on and fix the issue with the iDEAL plugin. SEF is quite important for your SEO.
What you want to do in that case is turn off the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration. That will prevent the issue with the links going to the product pages.
However, a better option is to keep the SEF of Joomla turned on and fix the issue with the iDEAL plugin. SEF is quite important for your SEO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MartinNapier
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds