- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
Responsive display in img_pane listing
11 years 3 days ago #216145
by milesreid
Responsive display in img_pane listing was created by milesreid
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
belledressed.co.uk/departments/dresses
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome Android
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None
I have a product listing using the img_pane layout type.
when I view the listing on my smartphone, images are on top of each other and not resized. Displays on desktop ok.
Image width set to 187px and height to 370px. Listing set to four images per row.
I cannot figure out how I can set the parameters for the images so that the display appears properly on a smartphone - particularly as required settings are in pixels,
Any help would be much appreciated.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome Android
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None
I have a product listing using the img_pane layout type.
when I view the listing on my smartphone, images are on top of each other and not resized. Displays on desktop ok.
Image width set to 187px and height to 370px. Listing set to four images per row.
I cannot figure out how I can set the parameters for the images so that the display appears properly on a smartphone - particularly as required settings are in pixels,
Any help would be much appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 days ago #216157
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Responsive display in img_pane listing
Hi,
I've checked your link but that's not what I see: take.ms/sX1kU
For me, it's as if the "use bootstrap design" setting of the HikaShop configuration was turned off, and thus the elements of the listing are not changed to one per row on mobile.
Regarding the width of the images of a listing, by default, it's fixed based on what you set in the settings, regardless of where you display it. If you want the image size to adapt, some additional custom CSS might be required, but the exact CSS code will depend on how the page display, the CSS of the template. As I can't reproduce what you're talking about, I can't give a precise answer.
I've checked your link but that's not what I see: take.ms/sX1kU
For me, it's as if the "use bootstrap design" setting of the HikaShop configuration was turned off, and thus the elements of the listing are not changed to one per row on mobile.
Regarding the width of the images of a listing, by default, it's fixed based on what you set in the settings, regardless of where you display it. If you want the image size to adapt, some additional custom CSS might be required, but the exact CSS code will depend on how the page display, the CSS of the template. As I can't reproduce what you're talking about, I can't give a precise answer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 days ago #216211
by milesreid
Replied by milesreid on topic Responsive display in img_pane listing
Thanks Nicolas: however, when I change "Use Bootstrap Design" to on, the situation is worse - both on the mobile, and on the desktop. (see attached for Desktop view)
Yikes!
Miles
Yikes!
Miles
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 days ago #216233
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Responsive display in img_pane listing
Hi,
This indicates that your template is not compatible with bootstrap.
Note however that it's already what I was seeing when you didn't had that option activated: take.ms/sX1kU
So to go back to your initial question, how exactly are you able to see the images of the products one on top of another ? Did you change something ? Did you go to a specific URL ? With a specific browser ?
This indicates that your template is not compatible with bootstrap.
Note however that it's already what I was seeing when you didn't had that option activated: take.ms/sX1kU
So to go back to your initial question, how exactly are you able to see the images of the products one on top of another ? Did you change something ? Did you go to a specific URL ? With a specific browser ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: milesreid
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #216598
by milesreid
Replied by milesreid on topic Responsive display in img_pane listing
Many thanks, Nicolas - and apologies for the delay in replying.
Yes, it looks as though the problem lies with the template: I'll choose another and go from there
Thanks again for your help
Miles
Yes, it looks as though the problem lies with the template: I'll choose another and go from there
Thanks again for your help
Miles
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds