- Posts: 30
- Thank you received: 1
home page url goes to product category page
11 years 3 hours ago #216545
by no9w
home page url goes to product category page was created by no9w
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.standingonthepromises.org
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.16
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
Hi,
I've obviously clicked something wrong and I can't find it
My basic url goes to the hikashop product category page rather than the home page. Would you have any idea where I might find my mistake? I've looked and looked and can't figure it out. A few days ago, it was correctly going to the home page, so I'm sure it's something I've done.
Thank you so much in advance!
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.16
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
Hi,
I've obviously clicked something wrong and I can't find it
My basic url goes to the hikashop product category page rather than the home page. Would you have any idea where I might find my mistake? I've looked and looked and can't figure it out. A few days ago, it was correctly going to the home page, so I'm sure it's something I've done.
Thank you so much in advance!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #216562
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic home page url goes to product category page
Hi,
Is your menu going to the home page a Joomla link ? In the menu settings of Joomla is that set correctly ?
Is your menu going to the home page a Joomla link ? In the menu settings of Joomla is that set correctly ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #216696
by no9w
Replied by no9w on topic home page url goes to product category page
Hi, Xavier,
Thanks so much ... I'm pretty much trying to muddle through everything. I'm obviously not on top of all the ins and outs of Joomla and Hikashop.
The link was working fine before I tried to get things done in Hikashop for several days and I probably messed it all up.
This is the link listed in the Main Menu for 'Home' ... index.php?option=com_content&view=featured ... am I looking in the right place for that?
This is the link listed in the Main Menu for 'Shoppe Window' ... index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=category&layout=listing
I appreciate your wisdom!
Thanks so much ... I'm pretty much trying to muddle through everything. I'm obviously not on top of all the ins and outs of Joomla and Hikashop.
The link was working fine before I tried to get things done in Hikashop for several days and I probably messed it all up.
This is the link listed in the Main Menu for 'Home' ... index.php?option=com_content&view=featured ... am I looking in the right place for that?
This is the link listed in the Main Menu for 'Shoppe Window' ... index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=category&layout=listing
I appreciate your wisdom!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #216701
by no9w
Replied by no9w on topic home page url goes to product category page
I have noticed that the 'product category' that the url defaults to is apparently a different one than the one I actually want to use when 'Shoppe Window' is clicked. The 'wrong' one that is defaulted to with url shows the subcategories. I wonder if that one is unpublished if that would fix the issue. That would be a module, correct? My problem, if that is the case, how do I find that? Sorry, I know that's a dumb question.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #216713
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic home page url goes to product category page
Hi,
Your home page seems to be using the menu with the id "193", which is indeed a hikashop category listing menu.
The "Shoppe Window" use the menu with the id "161".
So in the Joomla menu items, you should select the menu with the alias "homepage" as default menu instead of the menu with the id "193".
Your home page seems to be using the menu with the id "193", which is indeed a hikashop category listing menu.
The "Shoppe Window" use the menu with the id "161".
So in the Joomla menu items, you should select the menu with the alias "homepage" as default menu instead of the menu with the id "193".
The following user(s) said Thank You: no9w
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #216836
by no9w
Replied by no9w on topic home page url goes to product category page
Xavier, thank you so much. You are amazing!
The default menu was not set ... with your wisdom I set the default and it (of course!) works! Such a relief.
Thank you, thank you once again!
Blessings to you and your loved ones.
The default menu was not set ... with your wisdom I set the default and it (of course!) works! Such a relief.
Thank you, thank you once again!
Blessings to you and your loved ones.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds