- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 3
rel=canonical
10 years 11 months ago #217661
by RobertC
rel=canonical was created by RobertC
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.13
Hi.
1. rel=canonical
How should I short the categories at this tag.
www.mysite/category/firstcategory
www.mysite/category/firstcategory/secondcategory
or www.mysite/category/secondcategory
I am using sort URLs ( firstcategory.html )
I have multilingual site so in translation I am doing like this.
( firstcategory.html ) ( el/firstcategory.html )
Thank you.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.13
Hi.
1. rel=canonical
How should I short the categories at this tag.
www.mysite/category/firstcategory
www.mysite/category/firstcategory/secondcategory
or www.mysite/category/secondcategory
I am using sort URLs ( firstcategory.html )
I have multilingual site so in translation I am doing like this.
( firstcategory.html ) ( el/firstcategory.html )
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #217663
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic rel=canonical
Hi,
I'm sorry but I don't understand your question.
What is the link between shortening the URLs of your categories and "rel=canonical" ?
If you want to shorten URLs, usually, you use a SEF extension with URL alias support like SH404SEF.
I'm sorry but I don't understand your question.
What is the link between shortening the URLs of your categories and "rel=canonical" ?
If you want to shorten URLs, usually, you use a SEF extension with URL alias support like SH404SEF.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RobertC
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #217694
by RobertC
Replied by RobertC on topic rel=canonical
The question is which is best way to declare at rel=canonical tag the category and subcategory
Should we had to add main category at the canonical link?
Or Hikashop will add the word "category" before of each category
e.x. www.mysite.com/category/maincategory
option 1 www.mysite.com/category/maincategory/subcategory
option 2 www.mysite.com/category/subcategory
Should we had to add main category at the canonical link?
Or Hikashop will add the word "category" before of each category
e.x. www.mysite.com/category/maincategory
option 1 www.mysite.com/category/maincategory/subcategory
option 2 www.mysite.com/category/subcategory
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #217734
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic rel=canonical
Hi,
By default it will be as the option 2.
By default it will be as the option 2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RobertC
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds