- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 0
Performance with lots of variants
10 years 11 months ago #218247
by aredman
Performance with lots of variants was created by aredman
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.14
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome (any browser actually)
Greetings Hikashop:
I have a site where by which I have one product. There are a total of 35 varieties of the product and 45 options that can be selected for each respective 35 varieties. This creates 1470 variants and when accessing the options to select for the product I see the following:
"Gateway Time-out
The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application."
If I refresh, then I can sometimes get to the page to then select the drop-down options. I need some guidance on how to tune the shop to perform more efficiently.
Thanks so much,
Andy
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.14
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome (any browser actually)
Greetings Hikashop:
I have a site where by which I have one product. There are a total of 35 varieties of the product and 45 options that can be selected for each respective 35 varieties. This creates 1470 variants and when accessing the options to select for the product I see the following:
"Gateway Time-out
The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application."
If I refresh, then I can sometimes get to the page to then select the drop-down options. I need some guidance on how to tune the shop to perform more efficiently.
Thanks so much,
Andy
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #218273
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Performance with lots of variants
Hi,
I doubt that you need 1470 variant for a product.
I'm sure that at least some options and/or characteristics could be replaced by the creation of a custom field of the table "item" via the menu Display>Custom fields. These are really lightweight and you want have many of them on the page without changing anything performance-wise.
I doubt that you need 1470 variant for a product.
I'm sure that at least some options and/or characteristics could be replaced by the creation of a custom field of the table "item" via the menu Display>Custom fields. These are really lightweight and you want have many of them on the page without changing anything performance-wise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aredman
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #218347
by aredman
Replied by aredman on topic Performance with lots of variants
Thanks much for the reply. The custom fields is the key to this issue, as the product is singular, but the product does have a significant amount of options that can be selected from to customize it. I may have another solution as well. Thanks much for your recommendation.
Appreciated,
Andy
Appreciated,
Andy
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #220029
by aredman
Replied by aredman on topic Performance with lots of variants
So I've been digging into the different methods for accomplishing the objective that I'm after ... struggling a bit to accomplish.
Look at the following:
trex-arms.com/store/fenrir-holster/
You can see that one holster can have a significant amount of variants. Do you believe that custom fields is the best method to accomplish having all the different options? This is exactly what I'm after.
Thanks,
Andy
Look at the following:
trex-arms.com/store/fenrir-holster/
You can see that one holster can have a significant amount of variants. Do you believe that custom fields is the best method to accomplish having all the different options? This is exactly what I'm after.
Thanks,
Andy
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #220036
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Performance with lots of variants
Hi,
If you want to do the same as there, then yes, I would go with custom item fields.
If you want to do the same as there, then yes, I would go with custom item fields.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #220411
by aredman
Replied by aredman on topic Performance with lots of variants
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #220420
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Performance with lots of variants
Hi,
Did you enter values on that page ?
The values you enter in your field are used to populate the dropdown displayed by your custom field. If you don't have any, then there is no dropdown.
Also, I told you to create custom fields of the table "item", not of the table "product", which are for something else.
Did you enter values on that page ?
The values you enter in your field are used to populate the dropdown displayed by your custom field. If you don't have any, then there is no dropdown.
Also, I told you to create custom fields of the table "item", not of the table "product", which are for something else.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #220535
by aredman
Replied by aredman on topic Performance with lots of variants
Yes, I put in 35+ values, but in the 'product' table ... I missed that part before. I'm not sure where 'item' is ...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #220537
by aredman
Replied by aredman on topic Performance with lots of variants
You know, I see that 'item' is only available in the Business edition ... I won't have a very large store, perhaps (10) products, just with quite a few options as referenced previously ... and really would like to avoid moving from essential just for this functionality. Is that the only option that I have to make this simple?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #220538
by aredman
Replied by aredman on topic Performance with lots of variants
I've answered my own question. I just upgraded and am able to accomplish the desired objective now. Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds