- Posts: 251
- Thank you received: 2
Duplicate title on product contact pages
10 years 11 months ago #218479
by Nello
Duplicate title on product contact pages was created by Nello
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.hidesign.it/it/accessori/complementi...ontact/cid-1035.html
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
Hello,
I have two questions.
1) Is it possible to exclude the product contact pages from the search indexing, as example with adding a meta robot="noindex"?
In fact the product contact pages results as duplicate title content because they have always the same title.
If I can suggest an improvement for the next release I suggest to take the canonical Url of the reference product page.
Anyway can you indicate me a way to add the metatag i said before?
2) The product contact page show the name of the product but not the option selected.
How can I show the name with the option selected?
Thank you
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.4
Hello,
I have two questions.
1) Is it possible to exclude the product contact pages from the search indexing, as example with adding a meta robot="noindex"?
In fact the product contact pages results as duplicate title content because they have always the same title.
If I can suggest an improvement for the next release I suggest to take the canonical Url of the reference product page.
Anyway can you indicate me a way to add the metatag i said before?
2) The product contact page show the name of the product but not the option selected.
How can I show the name with the option selected?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #218495
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Duplicate title on product contact pages
Hi,
1. Edit the file "contact" of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views and add the code:
before the code:
and that should do it. We'll add that for the next version of HikaShop. Thanks for the feedback.
2. There is no easy way to do that. You would have to edit the code display button to add dynamic javascript to modify the URL of the button on the fly, you would have to edit the code of the contact form to get the extra parameter from the contact page URL, and you would also need to add custom code to load the data of the options, and display what you want after the product name.
It's no small modifications, but it's possible if you're a developer.
1. Edit the file "contact" of the view "product" via the menu Display>Views and add the code:
Code:
$doc = JFactory::getDocument();
$doc->setMetaData( 'robots', 'noindex' );
Code:
if(!empty($this->product->images)) {
2. There is no easy way to do that. You would have to edit the code display button to add dynamic javascript to modify the URL of the button on the fly, you would have to edit the code of the contact form to get the extra parameter from the contact page URL, and you would also need to add custom code to load the data of the options, and display what you want after the product name.
It's no small modifications, but it's possible if you're a developer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nello
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #218589
by Nello
Replied by Nello on topic Duplicate title on product contact pages
2) I do not know if I have well Explained my question. Is that what i mean when i receive a request of contact emails for a certain product I do not know what is the option selected from the customer, but I also remember, and i am sure of that, the old version of hikashop, that I had until one month ago worked just so.
In fact I received the email with the subject like this "Received request to contact for the product NameOfProduct: RED"
Now I receive emails with subject like "received a contact request for the product NameOfProduct".
In fact I received the email with the subject like this "Received request to contact for the product NameOfProduct: RED"
Now I receive emails with subject like "received a contact request for the product NameOfProduct".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #218638
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Duplicate title on product contact pages
Hi,
No, I understand what you mean. Options were never added to the contact request.
Characteristics were. Is that what you're talking about ?
Could you provide a link to such product with that issue and a screenshot of how you configured that product ?
No, I understand what you mean. Options were never added to the contact request.
Characteristics were. Is that what you're talking about ?
Could you provide a link to such product with that issue and a screenshot of how you configured that product ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #218670
by Nello
Replied by Nello on topic Duplicate title on product contact pages
I'm sorry, my bad!
Characteristics is exactly what I mean.
This is a link to a product: www.hidesign.it/arredamento/sedie/sedia-cone-chair.html
but the issue is about all products
Below the screenshot of the product configuration.
Thank you!
Characteristics is exactly what I mean.
This is a link to a product: www.hidesign.it/arredamento/sedie/sedia-cone-chair.html
but the issue is about all products
Below the screenshot of the product configuration.
Thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #218826
by Nello
Replied by Nello on topic Duplicate title on product contact pages
1. As suggested in my question is it possible to add a link rel="canonical" of the reference product page, in the product contact pages?
I still have problem of duplicate title in google webmaster tools.
Should be also a good idea to set the title of this page like "Request contact for: Product Name". Actually it takes the title of the last category in which the product was shown.
Thank you.
I still have problem of duplicate title in google webmaster tools.
Should be also a good idea to set the title of this page like "Request contact for: Product Name". Actually it takes the title of the last category in which the product was shown.
Thank you.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Nello.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 11 months ago #218832
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Duplicate title on product contact pages
Hi,
0. As far as I can see, this comes from the customization of the file "show" of the view "product" which doesn't handle the contact button dynamically.
You have hikashop_product_quantity_main instead of hikashop_product_quantity_<?php echo $variant_name;?> in that file somewhere.
1. That will only be taken into acocunt with Google reindex the page, so it's normal that you still have the problem 2 days from the change.
0. As far as I can see, this comes from the customization of the file "show" of the view "product" which doesn't handle the contact button dynamically.
You have hikashop_product_quantity_main instead of hikashop_product_quantity_<?php echo $variant_name;?> in that file somewhere.
1. That will only be taken into acocunt with Google reindex the page, so it's normal that you still have the problem 2 days from the change.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds