- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Trouble with displaying category title
10 years 10 months ago #222896
by patrickf
Trouble with displaying category title was created by patrickf
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.37
Hi, I'm having trouble getting the category title to show when navigating from the side menu which I have set up. It shows the description and image correctly though not the title. Will attach some screenshots.
Could someone please tell me what I'm missing?
Thanks heaps!
Patrick Flynn
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.37
Hi, I'm having trouble getting the category title to show when navigating from the side menu which I have set up. It shows the description and image correctly though not the title. Will attach some screenshots.
Could someone please tell me what I'm missing?
Thanks heaps!
Patrick Flynn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #222956
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Trouble with displaying category title
Hi,
Are you sure that in the Joomla settings of your menu with the alias "boxes-cases-and-cartons" the show page heading option is enabled ?
Are you sure that in the Joomla settings of your menu with the alias "boxes-cases-and-cartons" the show page heading option is enabled ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #223044
by patrickf
Replied by patrickf on topic Trouble with displaying category title
Hi Xavier,
Yes, the option for "show page heading" is enabled.
Thanks
Patrick
Yes, the option for "show page heading" is enabled.
Thanks
Patrick
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #223074
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Trouble with displaying category title
Hi,
Try renaming the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/ via FTP in order to deactivate the view overrides of HikaShop from your template and see if that helps display the title.
If so, then the problem is in the template and you'll have to check with your template provider so that they can fix their view override.
Try renaming the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/ via FTP in order to deactivate the view overrides of HikaShop from your template and see if that helps display the title.
If so, then the problem is in the template and you'll have to check with your template provider so that they can fix their view override.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #223286
by patrickf
Replied by patrickf on topic Trouble with displaying category title
Hi again, sorry not sure what folder you're asking me to rename? It's a live website so don't want to do anything wrong 
Could you please also confirm that this won't affect any other parts of the website?
Thanks
Patrick
Could you please also confirm that this won't affect any other parts of the website?
Thanks
Patrick
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #223310
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Trouble with displaying category title
Hi,
It will affect all the HikaShop pages (it will display with the default views instead of the customized views of your template).
I'm just asking you to do that temporarily, the time for you to see if that solves the problem.
And you can revert the change just after you do that check.
It will affect all the HikaShop pages (it will display with the default views instead of the customized views of your template).
I'm just asking you to do that temporarily, the time for you to see if that solves the problem.
And you can revert the change just after you do that check.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #223736
by patrickf
Replied by patrickf on topic Trouble with displaying category title
Thanks Nicolas, am still working on that one but have another question but didn't want to start a new thread.
On the same website, I've set up Hikashop as well as a sidebar menu. The sidebar menu is working fine and am able to change the product ordering individually for each category by editing the menu items and configuring the Hikashop Options, but I'm not sure how to choose different product ordering for individual categories on the actual component page with the thumbnails. Is it possible to do this?
I've attached some screenshots again.
Thanks again
On the same website, I've set up Hikashop as well as a sidebar menu. The sidebar menu is working fine and am able to change the product ordering individually for each category by editing the menu items and configuring the Hikashop Options, but I'm not sure how to choose different product ordering for individual categories on the actual component page with the thumbnails. Is it possible to do this?
I've attached some screenshots again.
Thanks again
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by patrickf.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #223760
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Trouble with displaying category title
Hi,
I'm not following you. When you're on the products listing on the backend, there is an "order" column you can use in order to reorder the products inside each category.
I'm not following you. When you're on the products listing on the backend, there is an "order" column you can use in order to reorder the products inside each category.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds