- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 0
Error trying to add a File with Path
- fernando.alh
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.7
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome 47.0.2526.106 m
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error trying to add a File with Path
Hi guys. I have a problem in my HikaShop website.
I can't add a file in the product. When I click '+' button > Set file mode > Set file mode.
I write the file path, the file name and click the OK nothing happens. Is like I'm clicking in the X (close) button.
I have set Joomla Error seting to Maximun and the Debug System is ON.
I never used before de Debug System but the only thing I see in red warning is:
HELP PLEASE!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you open the console error log of your web browser when you do that, do you get any error ? what error exactly ?
If you upload the image instead, or drag'n'ndrop it, does it work ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fernando.alh
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 0
The Google Chrome Developers Tools does not give any error in the Console.
For images, if you upload whatever file it works fine. The problem is when you select 'Set file mode' > Specify Location. You click OK and does nothing.
I need that feature because my files are located in other servers.
If you wish, I can send you user login by PM.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
What did you enter in the path for example ?
Could it be that the image is too big ?
Or that your server doesn't have the access to connect with external servers (some hosting companies bock that) ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fernando.alh
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fernando.alh
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please reply to our questions.What did you enter in the path for example ?
Could it be that the image is too big ?
Or that your server doesn't have the access to connect with external servers (some hosting companies bock that) ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fernando.alh
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 0
I told you. A google Drive Path, they do not have an extension. I don't want to share my private files over here, if there is a way to send you private information here in the forum, let me know please.
For that reason I also told you that I'm using AS A TEST the the logo hosted in my website. The logo is a PNG file of 4,41 KB
My server is not blocking that because the logo is in the same server.
All the best,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The field "path" is there to allow you to put a "file path".
A "file path" is a path to a file which is already in your server ; it is a local file.
So a "file path" is really different than an URL ; which is an outside resource.
HikaShop can support URL but it use simple PHP function to retrieve the content behind an URL.
When you use an URL for Google Drive, you have to be sure that you won't have any redirection, or authentication process.
Like I just wrote, HikaShop uses simple PHP function to get the content ; it won't handle complex system or multiple redirections.
But if you give him simple and direct URL, like :
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fernando.alh
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 0
but in my server, internal or external, the 'file path' function does not work in any way.
As I suggested to nicolas, can I give you an user to access to my website in order to see what is wrong?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fernando.alh
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 0
I apologize, I've make a mistake.
Reviewing Jerome's message and making respective tests, I've find out that the 'File path' works. As you said Jerome:
Will not work If I add:
But if I add this instead, works fine:
What I really need is to add that Google Drive path.
Look what I found out:
If to create a file with images/logo_hikashop.png path, to click OK, it creates successfully the file, so then, I open that file and modify the URL to Google's, it works fine.
What should I do or what should I change to create the file with Google Drive's path at first? Not to make double work.
Thank you for your patience and your kind help.
Regards,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fernando.alh
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 32
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
It's as Jérome said, HikaShop uses simple PHP function to get the content ; it won't handle complex system or multiple redirections. So in your case, if you really want to put a Google Drive's path at first, the solution will be to directly develop that option which will require development skills.What should I do or what should I change to create the file with Google Drive's path at first? Not to make double work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.