- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
The settings for the associated modules now?
10 years 9 months ago #225647
by Rob23
The settings for the associated modules now? was created by Rob23
-- url of the page with the problem -- : localhost
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
I have been using the newest version of HikaShop Business 2.6.0 where are the configurations for the associated modules now?
I have created a menu item that displays categories. On the page for this menu, underneath the categories, is a module of some kind that I can not get rid of. I have tried everything.
There is no setting that I can find in the settings under the menu for associated modules. I have also tried all the settings in the main configuration for Hikashop where you can control the modules for the whole store.
In the old version of Hikashop you could click through from the menu item to the configurations for associated modules.
Where have these controls gone for the individual associated modules?
How can I turn off this module?
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
I have been using the newest version of HikaShop Business 2.6.0 where are the configurations for the associated modules now?
I have created a menu item that displays categories. On the page for this menu, underneath the categories, is a module of some kind that I can not get rid of. I have tried everything.
There is no setting that I can find in the settings under the menu for associated modules. I have also tried all the settings in the main configuration for Hikashop where you can control the modules for the whole store.
In the old version of Hikashop you could click through from the menu item to the configurations for associated modules.
Where have these controls gone for the individual associated modules?
How can I turn off this module?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 9 months ago #225673
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic The settings for the associated modules now?
Hi,
The new system is no more using associated modules, the product listing settings for a category listing menu are directly in the Joomla menu settings under the tab "Products options". If some associated modules are still present, so you can manage them via the Joomla module manager as we moved the module settings directly in Joomla too in order to make it easiest.
The modules should be named like that: "associated module for..."
The new system is no more using associated modules, the product listing settings for a category listing menu are directly in the Joomla menu settings under the tab "Products options". If some associated modules are still present, so you can manage them via the Joomla module manager as we moved the module settings directly in Joomla too in order to make it easiest.
The modules should be named like that: "associated module for..."
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 75
- Thank you received: 7
10 years 7 months ago #229714
by wildweststudios
Replied by wildweststudios on topic The settings for the associated modules now?
To re-open this thread...
-- url of the page with the problem -- : (now fixed)
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
I had the same problem. Namely an associated module showing at the bottom of my page. Except instead of a category menu, this one is a product menu.
I made it a long time ago, and I think it initially started out as a category menu.
The modules could not be deleted, or actually even found at all. The ID the module purported to have was nowhere to be found, so I couldn't access it in modules, menus or in Hikashop. There were a ton of "Associated modules" in the module manager, but I deleted them all and the phantom modules still persisted.
However, I was able to solve the problem simply by going into the Product options of the menu item, changing something, then saving again. After this, the module simply disappeared.
I have to stress, though. I had to change something in the Product options. You can't just open it and save it again. In my case, I just switched the Random Items setting to "inherit", saved, then checked the page to make sure it was gone. When it was, I switch the Random Items back to "no".
For whatever reason, I had to do this with several menu items recently. It seems like you need to force the system to realize those modules don't exist somehow. Although I did empty the site cache and that didn't do it.
Anyway, I thought I'd post it here in case it could help someone else.
-- url of the page with the problem -- : (now fixed)
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
I had the same problem. Namely an associated module showing at the bottom of my page. Except instead of a category menu, this one is a product menu.
I made it a long time ago, and I think it initially started out as a category menu.
The modules could not be deleted, or actually even found at all. The ID the module purported to have was nowhere to be found, so I couldn't access it in modules, menus or in Hikashop. There were a ton of "Associated modules" in the module manager, but I deleted them all and the phantom modules still persisted.
However, I was able to solve the problem simply by going into the Product options of the menu item, changing something, then saving again. After this, the module simply disappeared.
I have to stress, though. I had to change something in the Product options. You can't just open it and save it again. In my case, I just switched the Random Items setting to "inherit", saved, then checked the page to make sure it was gone. When it was, I switch the Random Items back to "no".
For whatever reason, I had to do this with several menu items recently. It seems like you need to force the system to realize those modules don't exist somehow. Although I did empty the site cache and that didn't do it.
Anyway, I thought I'd post it here in case it could help someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds