Skip to main content

Free entry of quantity and selection of unit

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #227060 by elbala
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8

Hi. I want my product page to work like in this example:
www.gruener-bote.de/Produkte/Baeckerei-S...lID=32&pgID=20000029
That means: I want a field, where customers can enter a quantity. Next to this field has to appear a unit (kg/litres...), that I want to select for each product in the backend.
And if possible: Hikashop calculates the price for the chosen quantity.

How can I realize that? Unfortunately I can't give a link to my page for it's not public yet.
Thanks in advance.

(Btw: I tried with custom fields: but how can I set, that it shows me a dropdownlist in the backend AND the equivalent read-only in frontend?)
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by elbala.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #227069 by nicolas
Hi,

You need to create a custom field of the table "product" and of the type "simple dropdown" and then enter the values you want in it.
You'll get a dropdown in the backend for it, and whent you save a product with that dropdown selected, you'll see the value on the product page.
However, the prices won't be calculated based on what it selected in the field.
If that's what you want, I would recommend you to use a characteristic rather than a custom field:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#characteristics

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #227217 by elbala
Thanks, the first problem is solved: The chosen unit now appears in frontend.
Now, how can I change its position? The unit does not appear next to the quantity field, but further down in a table.
And how can I make the chosen quantity and the unit appear in the order? This of course, is the most important point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #227227 by Jerome
Hi,

To change his position ; the easier would be to customize the views.
You will find more details in that documentation :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html

The quantity is already display in the order so I'm afraid that I don't understand what you mean.
But the order can be customized, like any view in HikaShop.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum