- Posts: 22
- Thank you received: 1
productdisplay showing products from multiple cat.
10 years 8 months ago #227477
by valete
productdisplay showing products from multiple cat. was created by valete
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
Good Morning,
I am redesigning my webshop and am currently stuck on dispaying the products in the menu called "ticketshop"
Menu item is configured to show only products from the category "sailaday", module (100, products listing) is configured to show only products form this category and the products themselves are checked to have only "sailaday" as their category.
Somehow I end up with not only the "sailaday" products listed on the page but also with the products from all other categories.
p.s. I also checked the database... no issues there according to hikashop and the products themselves have no associated products configured.
Can you help me out?
Kind regards,
Chantal van Ree
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
Good Morning,
I am redesigning my webshop and am currently stuck on dispaying the products in the menu called "ticketshop"
Menu item is configured to show only products from the category "sailaday", module (100, products listing) is configured to show only products form this category and the products themselves are checked to have only "sailaday" as their category.
Somehow I end up with not only the "sailaday" products listed on the page but also with the products from all other categories.
p.s. I also checked the database... no issues there according to hikashop and the products themselves have no associated products configured.
Can you help me out?
Kind regards,
Chantal van Ree
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #227509
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic productdisplay showing products from multiple cat.
Hi,
You could try to update to HikaShop 2.6.1
We fixed a few bugs in this release regarding the settings of the menu items so it might solve your problem.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ashop-changelog.html
You could try to update to HikaShop 2.6.1
We fixed a few bugs in this release regarding the settings of the menu items so it might solve your problem.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ashop-changelog.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #227561
by valete
Replied by valete on topic productdisplay showing products from multiple cat.
Hey Nicholas,
I renewed the licence and updated to version 2.6.1. In addition I checked the database and cleared the cache.
Unfortunately this does not solve the problem.
Can you please investigate further for me?
I renewed the licence and updated to version 2.6.1. In addition I checked the database and cleared the cache.
Unfortunately this does not solve the problem.
Can you please investigate further for me?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #227563
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic productdisplay showing products from multiple cat.
Hi,
Would it be possible to know more about the issue and the products ?
We do not have the knowledge of which product should be there and which product should not.
Also, we do not know how your menu is configured ; how your products are configured, etc.
So please, provide some screenshots in order to help us, to help you.
Regards,
Would it be possible to know more about the issue and the products ?
We do not have the knowledge of which product should be there and which product should not.
Also, we do not know how your menu is configured ; how your products are configured, etc.
So please, provide some screenshots in order to help us, to help you.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #227617
by valete
Replied by valete on topic productdisplay showing products from multiple cat.
Hi Jerome,
I produced a document with a number of screenshots;
1 +2: configuration of the menu item
2+3: hikashop configuration
4: module configuration
5: products in category "sailaday"
6: products in "product category"
7: products in "stedemaeght"
8+9: configuation of a "sailaday product"
10+11: configuration of a "stedemaeght product"
To summarise: Products of all categories keep being displayed in the content module while I configured it to show only the sailaday products.
I produced a document with a number of screenshots;
1 +2: configuration of the menu item
2+3: hikashop configuration
4: module configuration
5: products in category "sailaday"
6: products in "product category"
7: products in "stedemaeght"
8+9: configuation of a "sailaday product"
10+11: configuration of a "stedemaeght product"
To summarise: Products of all categories keep being displayed in the content module while I configured it to show only the sailaday products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #227621
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic productdisplay showing products from multiple cat.
Hello,
I don't see your screenshots...Thanks to use attachment to send us your screenshot.
Regards,
I don't see your screenshots...Thanks to use attachment to send us your screenshot.
Regards,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #227699
by valete
Replied by valete on topic productdisplay showing products from multiple cat.
Hey Phillip,
I'm so sorry!
I'm so sorry!
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #227721
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic productdisplay showing products from multiple cat.
Hello,
From what I've seen nothing seems wrong... Then, second step :
Send us access to your backend, We need to process some tests.
Use our "Contact Us" form and put this topic subject in the message subject.
Regards,
From what I've seen nothing seems wrong... Then, second step :
Send us access to your backend, We need to process some tests.
Use our "Contact Us" form and put this topic subject in the message subject.
Regards,
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #227875
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic productdisplay showing products from multiple cat.
Hi,
We got the access.
The module has the synchronize setting turned on. So the module will ignore the category selected and instead use the current category on the page in order to display the products of its listing.
That must explain why you don't see what you should.
I've turned off that setting of your module and now no products are displayed there, as it should since there are no products directly in that category and that the "sub element filter" setting is configured to only display the direct products of the category in your module.
Also, you need to clear your website cache each time you change your settings or you won't see any change.
We got the access.
The module has the synchronize setting turned on. So the module will ignore the category selected and instead use the current category on the page in order to display the products of its listing.
That must explain why you don't see what you should.
I've turned off that setting of your module and now no products are displayed there, as it should since there are no products directly in that category and that the "sub element filter" setting is configured to only display the direct products of the category in your module.
Also, you need to clear your website cache each time you change your settings or you won't see any change.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #228008
by valete
Replied by valete on topic productdisplay showing products from multiple cat.
Hello Nicholas,
I gave it a go this morning:
Moved Some of the products up to their parent caegory and altered the filtering to all sub elements. But it still does not give me any prducts. (Also cleared the cache, i was aware of that)
What am I missing here?
Kind regards,
Chantal
I gave it a go this morning:
Moved Some of the products up to their parent caegory and altered the filtering to all sub elements. But it still does not give me any prducts. (Also cleared the cache, i was aware of that)
What am I missing here?
Kind regards,
Chantal
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #228028
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic productdisplay showing products from multiple cat.
Hi,
I found why it is not working as expected.
The categories you created are directly under the "Root" one, but they must be under the "product category" one.
I just tried to move add the default "product category" to one of your products, and in the menu settings set the category "product category" and everything was displayed as it should.
So you have to move all your categories inside the "product category" one.
I found why it is not working as expected.
The categories you created are directly under the "Root" one, but they must be under the "product category" one.
I just tried to move add the default "product category" to one of your products, and in the menu settings set the category "product category" and everything was displayed as it should.
So you have to move all your categories inside the "product category" one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: valete
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 7 months ago #229483
by valete
Replied by valete on topic productdisplay showing products from multiple cat.
Thnx Xavier,
Indeed it fixed the issue for me
Indeed it fixed the issue for me
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds