- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 0
breadcrumbs is displayed twice
10 years 8 months ago #228713
by ilemaitre
breadcrumbs is displayed twice was created by ilemaitre
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
Hi,
I have a problem with my breadcrumbs.
when I have "Simplified breadcrumbs" ON I have 2 cases:
If I connect to product via my menu the breadcrumbs is well displayed like : home - women- dress-dress1
but if I connect from women category it displays just: home-women- dress1 so dress category is missing
if I turn off "Simplified breadcrumbs" I have also 2 cases:
If I connect to product via my menu the breadcrumbs is displayed like that : home - women- dress - women- dress-dress1
but if I connect from women category it displays: home - women- women- dress-dress1
I want it to display in all cases: home - women- dress-dress1
How can I do that?
Thank you
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
Hi,
I have a problem with my breadcrumbs.
when I have "Simplified breadcrumbs" ON I have 2 cases:
If I connect to product via my menu the breadcrumbs is well displayed like : home - women- dress-dress1
but if I connect from women category it displays just: home-women- dress1 so dress category is missing
if I turn off "Simplified breadcrumbs" I have also 2 cases:
If I connect to product via my menu the breadcrumbs is displayed like that : home - women- dress - women- dress-dress1
but if I connect from women category it displays: home - women- women- dress-dress1
I want it to display in all cases: home - women- dress-dress1
How can I do that?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #228726
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic breadcrumbs is displayed twice
Hi,
The issue then is not really with the "simplified breacrumb setting. The issue is that you have different links leading to the same product page and you want always the same link (the one with the correct breacrumb).
So you want to put that link in the "canonical URL" field of the product and then turn on the "force canonical URL on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration. That way, all the listings will use the same link and thus you'll get the same breacrumb.
The issue then is not really with the "simplified breacrumb setting. The issue is that you have different links leading to the same product page and you want always the same link (the one with the correct breacrumb).
So you want to put that link in the "canonical URL" field of the product and then turn on the "force canonical URL on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration. That way, all the listings will use the same link and thus you'll get the same breacrumb.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds