- Posts: 47
- Thank you received: 4
Generation of useless Urls
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3
Hello,
Problem is that our site continues to generate URLs like:
Example 1:
leza-shaving.com/en/store/vm/checkout/notice/cart_type-cart/tmpl-component
leza-shaving.com/en/aftershave/checkout/notice/cart_type-wishlist/tmpl-component
leza-shaving.com/en/store/thiers-issard/checkout/notice/cart_type-cart/tmpl-component
Example 2:
leza-shaving.com/en/home/index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=product&layout=listing&Itemid=143&lang=ru
leza-shaving.com/en/component/hikashop/category/mugs
leza-shaving.com/en/component/hikashop/category/podstavki
leza-shaving.com/en/component/hikashop/category/krem
leza-shaving.com/en/component/hikashop/
Example 3
leza-shaving.com/ru/hikashop-menu-for-brands-listing/category/chashi
leza-shaving.com/ru/hikashop-menu-for-brands-listing/category/gel
leza-shaving.com/ru/hikashop-menu-for-brands-listing/category/chekhly
If we can`t stop this madness through hikashop menu, ss there a way to hide those URLs from search engines, using robots.txt?
We already have Disallow: /checkout/ in our rules, does it stop engines to analyse pages from example 1?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For Example 1, the URLs are already set to not being indexed thanks to a meta data tag in the header: take.ms/3MEo7
So that shouldn't be a problem.
For Example 2 and 3, you need to enter the URL you want to be used for each product and category in their "canonical URL" field (the URL you set needs to be among the ones generated for the product/category). That way, it will also add a meta data tag to tell the search engines to use that URL instead of the others and thus it won't be content as duplicate.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thx for fast reply Nicolas.nicolas wrote: For Example 2 and 3, you need to enter the URL you want to be used for each product and category in their "canonical URL" field (the URL you set needs to be among the ones generated for the product/category). That way, it will also add a meta data tag to tell the search engines to use that URL instead of the others and thus it won't be content as duplicate.
It may sound funny, but how do I know the "canonical URL" for categories? With products it`s easy, their url can be accessed via frontend.
But where do I find urls for categories, if they are hidden on my site?
I also encountered some 404 pages like:
ru/hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing/proraso/75-preshave-sensitive
ru/hikashop-menu-for-brands-listing/aktsiya/view-article/id-5
ru/hikashop-menu-for-brands-listing/omega/view-article/id-18
ru/store/eshave/checkout/notice/cart_type-wishlist/tmpl-component
Is there a way to hide them in robots.txt? Its code shouldn`t be too hard, but I`m just too afraid to make a mistake.
Disallow: */hikashop-menu-for-brands-listing/
Disallow: */checkout/
Am I correct?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
They are not hidden at all.
For example, that's the link you want to use I guess for the canonical URL of "gift sets":
leza-shaving.com/en/store/gift-sets
It's the link you have on the left "store" module.
You can remove the language tag in them so that they are language agnostic.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Gels, soaps, mugs and etc Urls are not seen.
Moreover, I also encountered some 404 pages like:
ru/hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing/proraso/75-preshave-sensitive
ru/hikashop-menu-for-brands-listing/aktsiya/view-article/id-5
ru/hikashop-menu-for-brands-listing/omega/view-article/id-18
ru/store/eshave/checkout/notice/cart_type-wishlist/tmpl-component
Is there a way to hide them in robots.txt? Its code shouldn`t be too hard, but I`m just too afraid to make a mistake.
Disallow: */hikashop-menu-for-brands-listing/
Disallow: */checkout/
Am I correct?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You sure can hide them with the robots.txt that's not a problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Disallow: */hikashop-menu-for-brands-listing/
Disallow: */checkout/
Am I correct?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The best would be to have a look at this documentation and use the tester:
support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6062596?hl=en
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.