How can I add a discount to a product?
- dilum_tharaka
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
10 years 5 months ago #238091
by dilum_tharaka
How can I add a discount to a product? was created by dilum_tharaka
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
mausfish.com/shop-online/fly-mouse
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.43
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Mozilla Firefox 45.0.2
Hello,
I need to give a discount to my product and it should appear like this joxi.ru/Grqdx1JhNOe7MA .
How can I do this with hikashop?
Thanks
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.43
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Mozilla Firefox 45.0.2
Hello,
I need to give a discount to my product and it should appear like this joxi.ru/Grqdx1JhNOe7MA .
How can I do this with hikashop?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #238108
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How can I add a discount to a product?
Hi,
You'll have to add a custom product field via the menu Display>custom field in order to enter the original price in your option variant and then edit the file "option" of the view "product" via the menu Display>views and add the display of the custom field next to the price.
So instead of:
you can have:
where custom_field is to be replaced by the column name of the custom field.
You'll have to add a custom product field via the menu Display>custom field in order to enter the original price in your option variant and then edit the file "option" of the view "product" via the menu Display>views and add the display of the custom field next to the price.
So instead of:
Code:
$text.=' ( '.($positive?'+ ':'').$this->currencyHelper->format($price,$ok->price_currency_id).' )';
Code:
$text.=' '.($positive?'+ ':'').$this->currencyHelper->format($price,$ok->price_currency_id).' <s>'.$variant->custom_field.'</s>';
The following user(s) said Thank You: dilum_tharaka
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dilum_tharaka
-
Topic Author
- Offline
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #238358
by dilum_tharaka
Replied by dilum_tharaka on topic How can I add a discount to a product?
Hello Nicolas Thanks for the reply.
I created a custom product field, and edited the 'option' of the of the view 'product'. But still the original price is not displaying in the option variant.
(screenshot is attached)
Thanks,
Dilum
I created a custom product field, and edited the 'option' of the of the view 'product'. But still the original price is not displaying in the option variant.
(screenshot is attached)
Thanks,
Dilum
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by dilum_tharaka.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #238369
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How can I add a discount to a product?
Hi,
Please make sure that you edited the file for the template you're using on your frontend.
Also, that line of code is twice in the file, make sure that you remplace both.
Finally, make sure that you entered something in the variants of the option product in that custom field.
Please make sure that you edited the file for the template you're using on your frontend.
Also, that line of code is twice in the file, make sure that you remplace both.
Finally, make sure that you entered something in the variants of the option product in that custom field.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dilum_tharaka
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dilum_tharaka
-
Topic Author
- Offline
10 years 5 months ago #238461
by dilum_tharaka
Replied by dilum_tharaka on topic How can I add a discount to a product?
Hi Nicloas,
I edited option file for my template, and you were right code was in two places, I only had replaced 1 place, so I did the changes.
But still it's not appearing.
Thanks
I edited option file for my template, and you were right code was in two places, I only had replaced 1 place, so I did the changes.
Code:
$text.=' '.($positive?'+ ':'').$this->currencyHelper->format($price,$ok->price_currency_id).' <s>'.$variant->custom_discount.'</s>';
But still it's not appearing.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #238490
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How can I add a discount to a product?
Hi,
OK, I went and checked your website but you're not using an option, you're using a characteristic
In that case, the text in the dropdown comes from the variant name.
So you can directly change the text in the variants name when you edit them in the product's variants tab.
OK, I went and checked your website but you're not using an option, you're using a characteristic
In that case, the text in the dropdown comes from the variant name.
So you can directly change the text in the variants name when you edit them in the product's variants tab.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dilum_tharaka
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dilum_tharaka
-
Topic Author
- Offline
10 years 5 months ago #238623
by dilum_tharaka
Replied by dilum_tharaka on topic How can I add a discount to a product?
Hello Nicolas,
How can I change it from the product's variant tab? I can only rename the variant through products>characteristics. Though I can change it from the characteristics I can't use html tags inside. for example: <del>$9.95</del>
How can I change it from the product's variant tab? I can only rename the variant through products>characteristics. Though I can change it from the characteristics I can't use html tags inside. for example: <del>$9.95</del>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #238646
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic How can I add a discount to a product?
Hi,
From the product edition page, you should be able to see a "Variants" tab at the top.
Go in this tab and then you can edit the name of your variants.
From the product edition page, you should be able to see a "Variants" tab at the top.
Go in this tab and then you can edit the name of your variants.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dilum_tharaka
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dilum_tharaka
-
Topic Author
- Offline
10 years 5 months ago #238744
by dilum_tharaka
Replied by dilum_tharaka on topic How can I add a discount to a product?
Thanks for replying,
Can I add html codes, to variants.for example: <del>$9.95</del>
Can I add html codes, to variants.for example: <del>$9.95</del>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 5 months ago #238768
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How can I add a discount to a product?
Hi,
You can but it won't work in a dropdown. Dropdowns don't handle HTML tags.
You can but it won't work in a dropdown. Dropdowns don't handle HTML tags.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dilum_tharaka
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds