- Posts: 63
- Thank you received: 1
Adding multiple downloadable files
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #248462
by jazzbird
Adding multiple downloadable files was created by jazzbird
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
Dear Hikashop support and forum,
I'm trying to set up several downloadable products, including a package that contains multiple products. For example:
Product A = File A
Product B = File B
Product C = File C
I was able to set these up without a problem, uploading files A, B, and C for their respective product.
However, I'm now trying to set up a package product that includes all files:
Product ABC = Files A, B, C
(actually the product will include 30 files or more)
How do I set up this product without uploading again all the files? Right now, I have to "add product" multiple times under "Images and Files", the select "specify file location", then type in the entire file path, then type in the full name of each file. This is incredibly slow and tedious. Is there no way to just see the files that are in the /com_hikashop/upload/safe folder, and select and add them together to my product ABC? (just like when you add an image, you can see all the images in the Hikashop images folder)
Thanks for any help
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
Dear Hikashop support and forum,
I'm trying to set up several downloadable products, including a package that contains multiple products. For example:
Product A = File A
Product B = File B
Product C = File C
I was able to set these up without a problem, uploading files A, B, and C for their respective product.
However, I'm now trying to set up a package product that includes all files:
Product ABC = Files A, B, C
(actually the product will include 30 files or more)
How do I set up this product without uploading again all the files? Right now, I have to "add product" multiple times under "Images and Files", the select "specify file location", then type in the entire file path, then type in the full name of each file. This is incredibly slow and tedious. Is there no way to just see the files that are in the /com_hikashop/upload/safe folder, and select and add them together to my product ABC? (just like when you add an image, you can see all the images in the Hikashop images folder)
Thanks for any help
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by jazzbird.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 month ago #248463
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Adding multiple downloadable files
Hi,
Reference documentation :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...uct-form.html#images
Please use the "add button" (described in the documentation) to have a popup which will allow you to enter the filename of an already uploaded file.
So you will be able to use several times the same file for different products.
Regards,
Reference documentation :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...uct-form.html#images
Please use the "add button" (described in the documentation) to have a popup which will allow you to enter the filename of an already uploaded file.
So you will be able to use several times the same file for different products.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 month ago #248505
by jazzbird
Replied by jazzbird on topic Adding multiple downloadable files
Yes, I know about that I can use the "add file" button - as I've indicated in my question above. So I have to manually type in 30 file names? This is extremely slow and inefficient. Is there no option to have a pop up box open showing the file directory of the uploaded files (/media/com_hikashop/upload/safe), so that the user can just pick them (and hopefully pick multiple files at once) - just like it's possible with the "add an image" option?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 month ago #248513
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Adding multiple downloadable files
Hi,
There is no popup file gallery system implemented for now.
We've developed it for images but it's not compatible for files for now.
There is no popup file gallery system implemented for now.
We've developed it for images but it's not compatible for files for now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds