Clicking from category list to product view brings up wrong view
9 years 11 months ago #252399
by grayt7
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.identityweb.co.uk/index.php?option=c...t=listing&Itemid=552
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any
Hi,
I have setup a "category list" view here:
www.identityweb.co.uk/index.php?option=c...t=listing&Itemid=598
When you click on the category the resulting page is: www.identityweb.co.uk/index.php?option=c...-p-anchor&Itemid=598
However, I have setup a menu item for that category as a product list view www.identityweb.co.uk/index.php?option=c...t=listing&Itemid=552 which is where the page should end up if navigated from: www.identityweb.co.uk/index.php?option=c...t=listing&Itemid=598
How can I get this to work correctly please?
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any
Hi,
I have setup a "category list" view here:
www.identityweb.co.uk/index.php?option=c...t=listing&Itemid=598
When you click on the category the resulting page is: www.identityweb.co.uk/index.php?option=c...-p-anchor&Itemid=598
However, I have setup a menu item for that category as a product list view www.identityweb.co.uk/index.php?option=c...t=listing&Itemid=552 which is where the page should end up if navigated from: www.identityweb.co.uk/index.php?option=c...t=listing&Itemid=598
How can I get this to work correctly please?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago #252431
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Clicking from category list to product view brings up wrong view
Hi,
Why do you think the menu item should change in the URL ?
It will only if the sub menu item that you created for your sub category is also a HikaShop categories listing menu item, which is not the case on your website. That's why it stays on the same menu item when you click on a sub category link.
Why do you think the menu item should change in the URL ?
It will only if the sub menu item that you created for your sub category is also a HikaShop categories listing menu item, which is not the case on your website. That's why it stays on the same menu item when you click on a sub category link.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago #252445
by grayt7
Replied by grayt7 on topic Clicking from category list to product view brings up wrong view
Yes you are correct that does make sense.
What I've done then is edit the wrong file.I've edited the view product/listing.php when I should have edited category/listing.php as this would logically be the route then navigating by category list.
ok thanks for your help.
What I've done then is edit the wrong file.I've edited the view product/listing.php when I should have edited category/listing.php as this would logically be the route then navigating by category list.
ok thanks for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds