Skip to main content

wrong canonical url

More
9 years 6 months ago #265147 by lacasetta
-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.lacasettabio.it/en/online-shop/chill...to/dorset-naga-dryed
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5

Hi,
I'm testing a candidate release of Aimy Sitemap that should fix the duplicated url of Hikashop by canonical url.
I discovered that Hikashop create urls with the same product but with two canonical urls.
For example the canonical url set on the admin example product is "en/online-shop/chilli-peppers/prodotto/dorset-naga-dryed"
The right page of the product is " www.lacasettabio.it/en/online-shop/chill...to/dorset-naga-dryed " and there is the right canonical url
But if you go to this url " www.lacasettabio.it/en/online-shop/chill...to/dorset-naga-dryed " you see the same product but there is a wrong canonical url "en/online-shop/chilli-seeds/prodotto/dorset-naga-dryed"
Could you check and tell me where is the problem?
Thanks a lot, best regards

my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #265167 by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic wrong canonical url
Hello,

In order to better understand the situation, can you send us some screenshot for :
- Your concerned product config page, and especially the SEO part



- And the SEF URL OPTIONS part (in Components => HikaSHop => Configuration, and Features tab :



Awaiting new from you.

Regards
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Philip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #265276 by lacasetta
Replied by lacasetta on topic wrong canonical url
Hi,
thanks for your help.
Here you are what you asked.
My best regards

my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by lacasetta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #265302 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic wrong canonical url
Hi,

I don't see how that's possible to have HikaShop add different canonical URLs.
If I go to the page:
www.lacasettabio.it/en/online-shop/chill...96-dorset-naga-dryed
I get that canonical URL.
If I go to www.lacasettabio.it/en/online-shop/chill.../prodotto/196-blabla
I get that URL as canonical URL.
This means that it is not HikaShop who is adding the canonical URL in the headers of your pages but something else and that something else isn't taking into account the canonical URL setting of your products at all.
So I don't know how Aimy Sitemap is supposed to fix duplicate content issues for products, but there's definitely something wrong with it if it's supposed to do it for HikaShop product pages.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum