Varnish Cache Integration - Recently Viewed Products
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #269246
by NigelPeck
Professional website services including website management, Linux server admin and web hosting.
www.sharphosting.uk/
Varnish Cache Integration - Recently Viewed Products was created by NigelPeck
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.0
I'm working on integrating Varnish Cache, and researching options. I've seen the integration package from Massive Scale and looking at getting that, but also playing around with custom integration. Simply blocking cookies in Varnish seems to be effective for pages without user-specific content. I would like to find a way to load recently viewed products with JavaScript so the rest can come out of Varnish (which is all I need in this case). I'm wondering...
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.0
I'm working on integrating Varnish Cache, and researching options. I've seen the integration package from Massive Scale and looking at getting that, but also playing around with custom integration. Simply blocking cookies in Varnish seems to be effective for pages without user-specific content. I would like to find a way to load recently viewed products with JavaScript so the rest can come out of Varnish (which is all I need in this case). I'm wondering...
- Does the recently viewed products feature work off the Joomla session?
- Has there been any other work done in this area, apart from the package that Massive Scale offer?
Professional website services including website management, Linux server admin and web hosting.
www.sharphosting.uk/
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by NigelPeck.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 4 months ago #269253
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Varnish Cache Integration - Recently Viewed Products
Hi,
The recently viewed products are stored in $_SESSION and the session is only available while the Joomla user session is valid.
However, HikaShop doesn't go through the getUserState and setUserState functions of Joomla to set the recently viewed products data in the session. It directly set that in $_SESSION.
It is accessible with that variable on the server side:
I don't know of any alternative to the Massive Scale offer.
The recently viewed products are stored in $_SESSION and the session is only available while the Joomla user session is valid.
However, HikaShop doesn't go through the getUserState and setUserState functions of Joomla to set the recently viewed products data in the session. It directly set that in $_SESSION.
It is accessible with that variable on the server side:
Code:
$_SESSION['hikashop_viewed_products']
I don't know of any alternative to the Massive Scale offer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NigelPeck
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 4 months ago #269310
by NigelPeck
Professional website services including website management, Linux server admin and web hosting.
www.sharphosting.uk/
Replied by NigelPeck on topic Varnish Cache Integration - Recently Viewed Products
Thanks Nicolas, that's a great help.
Professional website services including website management, Linux server admin and web hosting.
www.sharphosting.uk/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds