- Posts: 42
- Thank you received: 0
Slider module different for each product
9 years 2 months ago #275032
by Veli
Slider module different for each product was created by Veli
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1.
-- Joomla version -- : 3
-- PHP version -- : 7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Had read on this forum several solution how to create a slider with images that correspond to a product.
Maybe I have found a very easy solution, but please let me know if my solution can have negative effects!
I have menu's with the products and in the slider module I have the setting to show the slider only on that menu item for the product. Therefore via the menu, the products display with the right slideshow.
I then use the Joomla 'Redirects' component (part of Joomla Core) and add a new redirect for each product, where the 'expired URL' is the url generated by Hikashop directly and the 'new URL' is the one generated through the menu.
In the product SEO part of Hikashop I add the same 'new URL' in Canonical URL.
Hope this is a good method (it is working) without any negative consequences I can not foresee?
-- Joomla version -- : 3
-- PHP version -- : 7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none
Had read on this forum several solution how to create a slider with images that correspond to a product.
Maybe I have found a very easy solution, but please let me know if my solution can have negative effects!
I have menu's with the products and in the slider module I have the setting to show the slider only on that menu item for the product. Therefore via the menu, the products display with the right slideshow.
I then use the Joomla 'Redirects' component (part of Joomla Core) and add a new redirect for each product, where the 'expired URL' is the url generated by Hikashop directly and the 'new URL' is the one generated through the menu.
In the product SEO part of Hikashop I add the same 'new URL' in Canonical URL.
Hope this is a good method (it is working) without any negative consequences I can not foresee?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 2 months ago #275047
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Slider module different for each product
Hello,
I don't see specific negative side effects.
There are a lot of different ways to achieve what you need and the usage of the canonical URL is a good one. You can also check that you right have the setting to "force" to use the canonical URL while generating the product links. So the Joomla redirect system will be less used because HikaShop will directly use the canonical.
Regards,
I don't see specific negative side effects.
There are a lot of different ways to achieve what you need and the usage of the canonical URL is a good one. You can also check that you right have the setting to "force" to use the canonical URL while generating the product links. So the Joomla redirect system will be less used because HikaShop will directly use the canonical.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds