- Posts: 98
- Thank you received: 3
show variants in product-list view
8 years 8 months ago #286592
by cpreen
show variants in product-list view was created by cpreen
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
connectcad.com/index.php/pricing-purchase
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.32
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 5.6.32
Hello,
I am trying to show a drop-down list of product variants in product-list view. I made an override in quantity_legacy.php but doesn't seem to work. I actually added the following line of code, where the button "show options" was printed.
echo $this->characteristic->displayFE($this->element,$this->params);
Am I missing something?
Thank you
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.32
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 5.6.32
Hello,
I am trying to show a drop-down list of product variants in product-list view. I made an override in quantity_legacy.php but doesn't seem to work. I actually added the following line of code, where the button "show options" was printed.
echo $this->characteristic->displayFE($this->element,$this->params);
Am I missing something?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 8 months ago #286594
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic show variants in product-list view
Hi,
$this->characteristic doesn't exist on listings. Also, the data needed in $this->elements from the variants/characteristics isn't there either. And on top of that, the display/displayFE functions of type.characteristic isn't meant to be called more than once on a page.
So you won't be able to do it like that. It would basically require a lot more complex development.
You'd be better off loading the data from the database in the view yourself and displaying the dropdown yourself with custom javascript to replace the id of the product in the form/button.
$this->characteristic doesn't exist on listings. Also, the data needed in $this->elements from the variants/characteristics isn't there either. And on top of that, the display/displayFE functions of type.characteristic isn't meant to be called more than once on a page.
So you won't be able to do it like that. It would basically require a lot more complex development.
You'd be better off loading the data from the database in the view yourself and displaying the dropdown yourself with custom javascript to replace the id of the product in the form/button.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cpreen
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds