- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
SQL error on creating custom fields in Hikashop 3.3.0
- nadirdaoud
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : An error has occurred.
1060 Duplicate column name 'product_tessssst'
Hi
Today I upgraded from starter to business edition. When I create any new custom field I get the below error:
An error has occurred.
1060 Duplicate column name 'product_tessssst'
but the field gets created, and if you delete the field it is NOT deleted from the Database.
also all other sorts of issues happen when using this custom field.
I have made a fresh Joomla install and only installed Hikashop business to it and the same problem happened.
Please this is urgent as I intend to use many custom fields on the website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you for your feedback. We've added a patch for that. Please download again the install package on our website and install it on yours and that will fix the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nadirdaoud
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
I think more work needs to be done.
Thanks again for your attention.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That's actually not a bug. We changed that on the 3.3.0 so that you wouldn't loose your data when deleting a custom field by mistake.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nadirdaoud
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We would need more information to be able to help you.
Could you provide a screenshot of the settings of your custom field ?
Could you provide instructions to reproduce the issue ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nadirdaoud
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
so this happened with me using both versions of Hikashop (3.3.0\3.2.2 )so maybe I'm missing something,
I want to customize the products to be suitable for a (tour product) so I will have to add many custom fields, some of them are text written by me, others to be filled by the client on the front end before check out and on check out.
steps I took : create custom field > go to product page and add the content > buy the product and checkout of shopping cart> receive the email.
I did not do any customization to the email templates, they are the default ones.
in Version 3.3.0 if I used a date field with a simple calendar selector this scenario would happen:
I add the date at the back end and it displays the field name and content on the front end, thats great, but, If I later on delete the content of the field in the back end the front end still displays the field name and the content is just zeros 00:00:00:00:00 which I don not want to appear in the front end because there is not a set date for the tour.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nadirdaoud
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So first regarding the display of the custom product fields on the cart in the checkout. This capability was added in HikaShop 3.2.2.
But since you have the column title, then it's not a problem with the view having an old view override.
But for this email, it dates back from a longer time.
I also see that you have variants in your product.
So I suppose that the issue is that you didn't enter anything for the custom field of the variant or that you entered some empty spaces.
When you are on the chekcout or in the email notification, it's the data coming from the variant which is used so I suppose it explains why it does that.
Regarding the date, we didn't change the way it works between the 3.2.2 and the 3.3.0 so you should have the same issue with both versions. Is that the case ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nadirdaoud
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
Is there a way to call certain costume fields from the product page and not the varients?
Also you are correct I have the same issue with the date being all zero because I noticed in the DB that's not a 'null' value but the 00:00:00:00:00 value. How can this be solved?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. Well, it would require a lot of work for that as we'll have to change the code in all the places to manage the custom product field values for variants.
There is no easy way to do it for you either. You'll need custom coding, with MySQL queries, etc.
2. Could you provide a screenshot of the settings of your custom date field so that we can reproduce the issue ?
Because, with what I tested, I didn't had the problem on my end.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nadirdaoud
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
Believe it or not, but, now I tried to reproduce the error with a new field that I created and it did not happen!! but I have a screen shoot of an error msg when that happened, I will attach it.
At that time I had connected two product custom fields together, the first one was (do you want to set a date? | radio button | value Yes, No) and the second one with the date field to appear on the condition that the first field value was (Yes).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Make sure that you're using a custom field of the type "advanced date picker". With a "date" type field, it's possible that it won't work properly in some cases with Joomla 3...specially if you change the format of the date.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nadirdaoud
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 14
- Thank you received: 0
nicolas wrote: Hi,
Make sure that you're using a custom field of the type "advanced date picker". With a "date" type field, it's possible that it won't work properly in some cases with Joomla 3...specially if you change the format of the date.
Thank you, actually the first time I was using the simple date picker and I had changed the date format.
Thanks again for the great support and great app.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.