- Posts: 104
- Thank you received: 2
Display Access Level Message
- SnoozeULooze.co.za
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #290574
by SnoozeULooze.co.za
Display Access Level Message was created by SnoozeULooze.co.za
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.33
Hi
We are selling e-learning courses, as such a person can never purchase the same course more than once.
I am using the the "Display product in article" function to display a product name, price and add to cart button.
Once a person registers for "Course A" they are added to the "Course A" group, which allows me to set the product using the Access Level settings so that they can not add the course to their cart again.
Problem is this once Hikashop hides the content I am left with a blank space.
If possible I would like the system to display a standard message when ever a person does not have access rights in place of the "product content"
Find Attached two images: Image 1 is what you see using the ACL to hide add to cart, Image to is shows how I would like to display the message
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.33
Hi
We are selling e-learning courses, as such a person can never purchase the same course more than once.
I am using the the "Display product in article" function to display a product name, price and add to cart button.
Once a person registers for "Course A" they are added to the "Course A" group, which allows me to set the product using the Access Level settings so that they can not add the course to their cart again.
Problem is this once Hikashop hides the content I am left with a blank space.
If possible I would like the system to display a standard message when ever a person does not have access rights in place of the "product content"
Find Attached two images: Image 1 is what you see using the ACL to hide add to cart, Image to is shows how I would like to display the message
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by SnoozeULooze.co.za.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 6 months ago #290586
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Display Access Level Message
Hi,
If you want to hide some content of Joomla based on the user group of the user, you can use such extension:
www.regularlabs.com/extensions/conditionalcontent
If you want to hide some content of Joomla based on the user group of the user, you can use such extension:
www.regularlabs.com/extensions/conditionalcontent
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- SnoozeULooze.co.za
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 104
- Thank you received: 2
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #290604
by SnoozeULooze.co.za
Replied by SnoozeULooze.co.za on topic Display Access Level Message
Brilliant thanks, worked perfectly.
I have one more question though, please let me know if I should start a new topic for it.
Basically what happened is this, Just before I posted this initial question I decided to update to 3.4 but now for some reason when I open a product and un-tick the the group I want to prevent from accessing it and then click save it now un-ticks all groups below a certain point. Hope I am making sense Please find attached an image to explain
I did a count on the total number of characters contained in the SQL Cell, Hikashop lists the Group ID of each group that has viewing rights and at the point where the viewing rights suddenly end the SQL Cell contains 255 characters
Is there any way to have Hikashop set up so that instead of it adding all the group IDs to the SQL table that Has viewing rights the system only adds the one or two IDs of the Groups that don't have viewing rights.
I have one more question though, please let me know if I should start a new topic for it.
Basically what happened is this, Just before I posted this initial question I decided to update to 3.4 but now for some reason when I open a product and un-tick the the group I want to prevent from accessing it and then click save it now un-ticks all groups below a certain point. Hope I am making sense Please find attached an image to explain
I did a count on the total number of characters contained in the SQL Cell, Hikashop lists the Group ID of each group that has viewing rights and at the point where the viewing rights suddenly end the SQL Cell contains 255 characters
Is there any way to have Hikashop set up so that instead of it adding all the group IDs to the SQL table that Has viewing rights the system only adds the one or two IDs of the Groups that don't have viewing rights.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by SnoozeULooze.co.za. Reason: Added additional info
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 6 months ago #290631
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Display Access Level Message
Hi,
You need to change the type of the column product_access to "text" in the table "hikashop_product" via your phpmyadmin.
That will allow you to handle several thousands of user groups.
You need to change the type of the column product_access to "text" in the table "hikashop_product" via your phpmyadmin.
That will allow you to handle several thousands of user groups.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- SnoozeULooze.co.za
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 104
- Thank you received: 2
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #290636
by SnoozeULooze.co.za
Replied by SnoozeULooze.co.za on topic Display Access Level Message
Brilliant thank you.
This is why I use Hikashop!! Not only a great shopping cart but amazing after sales service as well.
Just once question will the change of Varchar to text not be over-ridden when I install the next update.
This is why I use Hikashop!! Not only a great shopping cart but amazing after sales service as well.
Just once question will the change of Varchar to text not be over-ridden when I install the next update.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by SnoozeULooze.co.za.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 6 months ago #290638
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Display Access Level Message
Hi,
Thanks !
No, you would loose the change with the updates.
Thanks !
No, you would loose the change with the updates.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds