- Posts: 281
- Thank you received: 3
problem with title page in product
8 years 5 months ago #291563
by francota
problem with title page in product was created by francota
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5
Hello
I have a problem with title of the page and products hikashow.
With helix template you can chose in item setting of the menu if you want show helix title in the page.
So I have some item of the menu to show the list of the product as this one:
bit.ly/2HAKbxC here the title of the page is "Semi di chia" with green backgorund
If you go to this other page bit.ly/2HfLZsC
you can see now the title of the page on the top with green background is "Oli" but if you click on one of the product in the list the title page the title becomes again the same title of the first link
What could be the problem??
Thanks
Frank
Hello
I have a problem with title of the page and products hikashow.
With helix template you can chose in item setting of the menu if you want show helix title in the page.
So I have some item of the menu to show the list of the product as this one:
bit.ly/2HAKbxC here the title of the page is "Semi di chia" with green backgorund
If you go to this other page bit.ly/2HfLZsC
you can see now the title of the page on the top with green background is "Oli" but if you click on one of the product in the list the title page the title becomes again the same title of the first link
What could be the problem??
Thanks
Frank
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 5 months ago #291572
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic problem with title page in product
Hi,
That's probably because you've activated the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration and you have a URL which goes to the "Semi di chia" menu item configured in your products there.
That's probably because you've activated the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting of the HikaShop configuration and you have a URL which goes to the "Semi di chia" menu item configured in your products there.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 5 months ago #291603
by francota
Replied by francota on topic problem with title page in product
Hello
You right nicolas If I change that setting in "NO" (you can see in the image)
But I dont understand.,,If I want to use canonical url how can I change my menu??
Thanks
Frank
You right nicolas If I change that setting in "NO" (you can see in the image)
But I dont understand.,,If I want to use canonical url how can I change my menu??
Thanks
Frank
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 5 months ago #291606
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic problem with title page in product
Hi,
The goal of using the canonical URL on the listings is that you'll get always the same menu item used when you click on the product page link regardless from which menu item you're coming from.
So you're saying that you want to use a feature, which does something you don't want.
So no, you don't want to use that feature.
If you want to avoid SEO duplicate content errors, you don't need to activate that option. All you need is to have a canonical URL in your products, and that's already the case as far as I can see.
The goal of using the canonical URL on the listings is that you'll get always the same menu item used when you click on the product page link regardless from which menu item you're coming from.
So you're saying that you want to use a feature, which does something you don't want.
So no, you don't want to use that feature.
If you want to avoid SEO duplicate content errors, you don't need to activate that option. All you need is to have a canonical URL in your products, and that's already the case as far as I can see.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 5 months ago #291621
by francota
Replied by francota on topic problem with title page in product
Thank you nicolas
Just to be sure to have understood...when you say "If you want to avoid SEO duplicate content errors, you don't need to activate that option"
that means I have to use force canonical url.
I mean with force canonical url on Yes It is better for the seo right??
Thanks
Just to be sure to have understood...when you say "If you want to avoid SEO duplicate content errors, you don't need to activate that option"
that means I have to use force canonical url.
I mean with force canonical url on Yes It is better for the seo right??
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 5 months ago #291663
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic problem with title page in product
Hi,
No. You can keep "force canonical URLs on listings" turned off. This option doesn't change anything for SEO.
The thing you need to be careful is to have a canonical URL in your products, that's all.
No. You can keep "force canonical URLs on listings" turned off. This option doesn't change anything for SEO.
The thing you need to be careful is to have a canonical URL in your products, that's all.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds