- Posts: 135
- Thank you received: 5
Products Quantity in multiples not singular
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 67.0.3396.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message
@support / forum
Is there a way with variants or characteristics to set up my products to have a value of 3..6..9..12 or 1000 only
I am trying to setup a Balloon selling site for a client and they balloons in numbers not 1's
Is this possible in Hikashop?
Regards
MSF
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You could do it with variants and characteristics and hide the quantity input.
But there is better I think.
You could just change the "quantity input method" of the product to "show select" and set the "quantity per order" minimum value to 3 and you would get a dropdown for the quantity of the product with multiples of 3 automatically.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Is there any way I can set the QTY only as 500, 1000, 2000 & 5000 other than a Characteristics, but then there would be no price in the product.
Or can I have a Characteristics Qty 500 - Price $99 and that be added into the cart as a price ?
How could I do this for single products ?
Thanks in Advance.
MSF
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Then you could select "show select price" isntead of "show select" in the "quantity input method" setting of the product and in the prices list of the product, you can enter the different quantities you want in the quantity dropdown.
Of course, as I said before, you can also use variants / characteristics for that if you want. It's a bit more work to manage the products though.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry to be such a pain. But I have attached the images after I set the price and the "Select by Price".
I set the price in the main product, and then the Variant, both return the same result.
Please see attached images.
Regards,
MSF
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't see why it would do that.
Could you provide a link to that page, a backend access and a link to this thread via our contact form so that we could have a look ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We got the access, however, I'm not able to log on your backend with it.
Also, debugging involves modifying a file temporarily, testing, changing the modification to another one, testing again, again, and again. So giving you a file to replace each time would require dozens of back and forth between us. That won't be practical for either of us.
If you can't provide a FTP access, would it be possible for you to put in place an extension like extplorer which would allow us to modify the files from the backend of the website ?
extensions.joomla.org/extension/extplorer/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sent another contact us email.
Make sure you use the correct link, as I have extra security on and <website>administrator will NOT work.
Regards,
MSF
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you for that. I found the issue and added a patch for it on your website.
We'll include the patch on our end too.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Brilliant as always.
MSF
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I found another issue, if I pick a variant that has something in the description field, then I select another variant without anything in the description.
The previous description is still displayed and not changed.
Is there an option I need to set to clear this ?
Regards,
MSF
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Also find another issue with your patch.
If the product starts at 500 and you just say "add to cart" it becomes a free item in the cart.
If you select 1000, 2000 or 5000 its calculates the correct price.
Can you look at the patched code please.
Product link 88balloons.fellphotography.org/custombal...ategory_pathway-1247
Regards,
MSF
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Your issue is probably coming from the fact that your variant which doesn't have any description is inheriting from the description of the main product.
The solution will either be to set a description for your variant or to unset the description of your main product.
Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There is no description in the main product.
AS I STATED, its the variant description that is not changing.
Variant #1 Had no description.
Variant #2 Has a description.
Variant #3 Had no description.
When variant #2 is selected the image and description change, when variant #3 is select the image changes, but NOT THE DESCRIPTION.
Has this been over looked ??
Please see attached images.
variant_desc1 shows variant Black and no description after the add to cart
variant_desc2 shows variant Red and * Note * Not a recommended colour palette
variant_desc3 shows variant Black again and the description from the Red variant is still there !!!
Link to the product
88balloons.fellphotography.org/custom-up...ategory_pathway-1247
Or do I move it to a new Topic ??
Thanks!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Add the code:
Regarding the issue with the description, the link you gave doesn't have any description.
Could you provide a link to the product page with the issue so that we could have a look ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderator point : Don't edit your message a long time after have posted it your message that mess up our work organisation to answer you.
If you have to edit it do it just after posted it, or post a new message.
Remember that this forum can be read by other HikaShop user in order to help them.
I invite you to post a new message if there is something more to do on your subject.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.