- Posts: 64
- Thank you received: 6
Product with different prices based on time
- Jokingmind
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
7 years 6 months ago #304651
by Jokingmind
Product with different prices based on time was created by Jokingmind
Hello,
I have to setup a shop that sells products whose prices change based on a timetable and would like to understand if there's an easy way to do it.
The shop sells fruits.
Each product can be bought even before the seed get planted so to have the maximum discount on final fruit.
So, for example, if the strawberries will be planted on 1st of April, till that date their cost will be 1 euro.
Then, after from the 2nd of April till the next 2 weeks, the strawberries's price will be 2 euros.
And so on, for third and forfth week, the price should be 3 euors.
At the end, the real strawberries will cost 5 euros.
Morevoer, each type of fruits has 3 weight varinats: 1kg - 5kg - 10kg
So, for the moment, I've planned to create a product for each step of the process, define a time range when the product is published and added 3 variants for the weights.
Is quite complex and I'm wondering if there is a better and easier solution that doesn't require to create so many products. (If the number of steps of the process increases to 12 this can be a mess with 12 different productfor each fruit).
Thanx in advance!
In the attachement a simple table with the price for just one fruit.
I have to setup a shop that sells products whose prices change based on a timetable and would like to understand if there's an easy way to do it.
The shop sells fruits.
Each product can be bought even before the seed get planted so to have the maximum discount on final fruit.
So, for example, if the strawberries will be planted on 1st of April, till that date their cost will be 1 euro.
Then, after from the 2nd of April till the next 2 weeks, the strawberries's price will be 2 euros.
And so on, for third and forfth week, the price should be 3 euors.
At the end, the real strawberries will cost 5 euros.
Morevoer, each type of fruits has 3 weight varinats: 1kg - 5kg - 10kg
So, for the moment, I've planned to create a product for each step of the process, define a time range when the product is published and added 3 variants for the weights.
Is quite complex and I'm wondering if there is a better and easier solution that doesn't require to create so many products. (If the number of steps of the process increases to 12 this can be a mess with 12 different productfor each fruit).
Thanx in advance!
In the attachement a simple table with the price for just one fruit.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 6 months ago #304653
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product with different prices based on time
Hi,
In HikaShop, you can have several prices for a product (you can see the + icon on the prices listing when you edit a product).
And for each price, you can set a start and an end date.
So that way, you could have only one product with your 3 weight variants (using a characteristic dropdown for the variant selection on the product page), and in each variant add the different prices with start/end dates.
That way, the customers would only see the current price.
Now, I'm not an expert of selling fruits, but as a customer I think it would be better to have different products. For example, I would be happy to see the mention of the readyness of the fruit I'm buying. And I might want to buy seeds even when fruits are available.
In HikaShop, you can have several prices for a product (you can see the + icon on the prices listing when you edit a product).
And for each price, you can set a start and an end date.
So that way, you could have only one product with your 3 weight variants (using a characteristic dropdown for the variant selection on the product page), and in each variant add the different prices with start/end dates.
That way, the customers would only see the current price.
Now, I'm not an expert of selling fruits, but as a customer I think it would be better to have different products. For example, I would be happy to see the mention of the readyness of the fruit I'm buying. And I might want to buy seeds even when fruits are available.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Jokingmind
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 64
- Thank you received: 6
7 years 6 months ago #304701
by Jokingmind
Replied by Jokingmind on topic Product with different prices based on time
Hi Nicolas.
Thanks for reply
I've checked, but on my installation of HikaShop I can't see the date restriction as I add a new price.
I attach an image of that panel with a couple of prices. Of course this happens on main product page and on variants pages too.
Same on new local installation.
After some researches on forum (that talk about server timezone config) I've checked the demo version on your site and found what you talking about.
Is maybe a business version features?
Thank you.
Davide
Thanks for reply
I've checked, but on my installation of HikaShop I can't see the date restriction as I add a new price.
I attach an image of that panel with a couple of prices. Of course this happens on main product page and on variants pages too.
Same on new local installation.
After some researches on forum (that talk about server timezone config) I've checked the demo version on your site and found what you talking about.
Is maybe a business version features?
Thank you.
Davide
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 6 months ago #304716
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product with different prices based on time
Hi,
The restrictions by date of prices are indeed only available with the Business edition.
The restrictions by date of prices are indeed only available with the Business edition.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Jokingmind
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 64
- Thank you received: 6
7 years 6 months ago #304749
by Jokingmind
Replied by Jokingmind on topic Product with different prices based on time
Thank you, from the comparison page wasn't so clear, or maybe I've missed it.
That solves and close the question.
Best regards,
Davide
That solves and close the question.
Best regards,
Davide
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds