- Posts: 143
- Thank you received: 9
Alias as product URL
- ButterflyPixel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
7 years 3 months ago #307610
by ButterflyPixel
Alias as product URL was created by ButterflyPixel
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.x.x
Hi,
I want to have a URL like this for the products:
mywebsite.com/my-product-alias
In configuration I have:
Force canonical URLs on listings: Use canonical URL if specified
In a specific product (for test) I entered in SEO > Canonical URL > I copied past the alias
When I click that specific product in products listing, I have the url: mywebsite.com/my-product-alias , but I have: error 404 - page not found
I have:
Search Engine Friendly: URLs YES
Use URL Rewriting: YES
Can you please help me on that?
am I missing something?
Regards
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.8
-- PHP version -- : 7.x.x
Hi,
I want to have a URL like this for the products:
mywebsite.com/my-product-alias
In configuration I have:
Force canonical URLs on listings: Use canonical URL if specified
In a specific product (for test) I entered in SEO > Canonical URL > I copied past the alias
When I click that specific product in products listing, I have the url: mywebsite.com/my-product-alias , but I have: error 404 - page not found
I have:
Search Engine Friendly: URLs YES
Use URL Rewriting: YES
Can you please help me on that?
am I missing something?
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 3 months ago #307625
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Alias as product URL
Hi,
The canonical URL system is not a SEF URL alias system. You can't just put whatever you want there and it will work. You need to put a valid URL. The goal of that option is to tell search engines which URL is the main URL of the product.
If you want something to be able to have whatever URL you want for the product pages, you need a SEF URL alias system like there is in sh404SEF which is a SEF extension.
The canonical URL system is not a SEF URL alias system. You can't just put whatever you want there and it will work. You need to put a valid URL. The goal of that option is to tell search engines which URL is the main URL of the product.
If you want something to be able to have whatever URL you want for the product pages, you need a SEF URL alias system like there is in sh404SEF which is a SEF extension.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ButterflyPixel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 143
- Thank you received: 9
7 years 3 months ago #307629
by ButterflyPixel
Replied by ButterflyPixel on topic Alias as product URL
OK I see, thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds