- Posts: 966
- Thank you received: 11
Products Disappear When Direct Sub Elements Is Selected
6 years 1 month ago #322935
by MyWorld
Products Disappear When Direct Sub Elements Is Selected was created by MyWorld
Hi,
I'm trying to change the order of products in a main category, eg: Women. It says, in order to reorder elements change it to "Direct Sub Elements". When I change it to "Direct Sub Elements" it's only showing me 2 products - all the other products are no longer showing.
What am I missing please?
Thanks!
I'm trying to change the order of products in a main category, eg: Women. It says, in order to reorder elements change it to "Direct Sub Elements". When I change it to "Direct Sub Elements" it's only showing me 2 products - all the other products are no longer showing.
What am I missing please?
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
6 years 1 month ago #322945
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Products Disappear When Direct Sub Elements Is Selected
Hello,
Using the "Ordering field / direction" option of your product listing menu's/module's "Product options" tab should do the job.
If not can you give us more information about what you have and what you want to achieve through some screenshots ? Thank you.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Using the "Ordering field / direction" option of your product listing menu's/module's "Product options" tab should do the job.
If not can you give us more information about what you have and what you want to achieve through some screenshots ? Thank you.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 1 month ago #322974
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Products Disappear When Direct Sub Elements Is Selected
In the backend, under products, when I click on a category, for example: women, as per the screenshot (hikashop-category-women-1.jpg), you will see that there is a lot of products listed and no input field to enter a number to reorder the products.
The Hikashop instructions says that in order to reorder elements change it to "Direct Sub Elements". When I change it to "Direct Sub Elements", as per the 2nd screenshot (hikashop-category-women-2.jpg), the input field is showing but it is only showing 2 products - all the other products are no longer showing.
Thanks!
The Hikashop instructions says that in order to reorder elements change it to "Direct Sub Elements". When I change it to "Direct Sub Elements", as per the 2nd screenshot (hikashop-category-women-2.jpg), the input field is showing but it is only showing 2 products - all the other products are no longer showing.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 1 month ago #322985
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Products Disappear When Direct Sub Elements Is Selected
Hi,
It means that the other products are not directly linked to that category.
The ordering of the products is per category.
So if you have product A linked to category X, you can configure an ordering for that product A in that category X, and if you have that same product X in category Y too, you can also configured an ordering for that product A in that Y category.
So if you want to configure and ordering for each product in the main category of your shop, you should either:
- have all these products linked directly to that main category
- order your listing based on something else, like for example a custom product field, where you could enter the order you would want for your products for that particular listing.
It means that the other products are not directly linked to that category.
The ordering of the products is per category.
So if you have product A linked to category X, you can configure an ordering for that product A in that category X, and if you have that same product X in category Y too, you can also configured an ordering for that product A in that Y category.
So if you want to configure and ordering for each product in the main category of your shop, you should either:
- have all these products linked directly to that main category
- order your listing based on something else, like for example a custom product field, where you could enter the order you would want for your products for that particular listing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 1 month ago #323048
by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Products Disappear When Direct Sub Elements Is Selected
Ohhh I see what you mean.
So it is possible to get ONLY the main categories, eg: Women, Men, etc... to display randomly?
If not, then I guess I will create a custom field to do the ordering.
The reason why I'm doing this, in case you have a better idea, is because I don't want the same old products showing because it makes it appear as if no new products are being added to the website.
Thanks!
So it is possible to get ONLY the main categories, eg: Women, Men, etc... to display randomly?
If not, then I guess I will create a custom field to do the ordering.
The reason why I'm doing this, in case you have a better idea, is because I don't want the same old products showing because it makes it appear as if no new products are being added to the website.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
6 years 1 month ago #323069
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Products Disappear When Direct Sub Elements Is Selected
Hello,
What do you mean by display randomly, as Nicolas said :
So, in the first solution you can for example attach all of your products to that main category, and sort them according to your needs.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
What do you mean by display randomly, as Nicolas said :
So if you want to configure and ordering for each product in the main category of your shop, you should either:
- have all these products linked directly to that main category
- order your listing based on something else, like for example a custom product field, where you could enter the order you would want for your products for that particular listing.
So, in the first solution you can for example attach all of your products to that main category, and sort them according to your needs.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds