- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 2
Price displayed is default variant-
- aimlesslady
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
5 years 11 months ago #325273
by aimlesslady
Price displayed is default variant- was created by aimlesslady
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.26
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox 81.0,2
I have a product with 2 variants-2 prices. When displayed on the detail page, only the price for the default variant is displayed, which is confusing since this is a Gift Certificate with 2 options. I either want to show nothing until they actively select an option or show both initially. Or hide it completely, but only for this product.Any suggestions?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.26
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox 81.0,2
I have a product with 2 variants-2 prices. When displayed on the detail page, only the price for the default variant is displayed, which is confusing since this is a Gift Certificate with 2 options. I either want to show nothing until they actively select an option or show both initially. Or hide it completely, but only for this product.Any suggestions?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #325307
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic Price displayed is default variant-
Hello,
Try to use the "Characteristics dynamic display" option, if I'm right, this will prevent price displaying BEFORE any variants is selected by customer.
And so, this will match I hope your needs, you will find this option from Main HikaShop Configuration, then Display tab and in Products options part :
Hope this will meet your expectations
Regards
Try to use the "Characteristics dynamic display" option, if I'm right, this will prevent price displaying BEFORE any variants is selected by customer.
And so, this will match I hope your needs, you will find this option from Main HikaShop Configuration, then Display tab and in Products options part :
Hope this will meet your expectations
Regards
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- aimlesslady
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 2
5 years 11 months ago #325308
by aimlesslady
Replied by aimlesslady on topic Price displayed is default variant-
I have that as a setting yet it still shows the default variant price. But I want that shown on all other products anyway. Just the one product I don't want it on.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- aimlesslady
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 2
5 years 11 months ago #325330
by aimlesslady
Replied by aimlesslady on topic Price displayed is default variant-
I might have figured a work-around.
I created a new Characteristic called Select.
Then I added a variant for that Characteristic but did not give it a price.
I mag=de that the default variant.
Now when you go to the page, there is no "price". The dropdown shows Select and if you select either of the options, that option shows where the price should be.
Can you see a downside to this?
I created a new Characteristic called Select.
Then I added a variant for that Characteristic but did not give it a price.
I mag=de that the default variant.
Now when you go to the page, there is no "price". The dropdown shows Select and if you select either of the options, that option shows where the price should be.
Can you see a downside to this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 11 months ago #325325
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Price displayed is default variant-
Hi,
You can do that by adding such CSS:
#hikashop_product_speed_and_smarts_gift_card_20_page #hikashop_product_price_main{ display:none; }
It will hide the price area only for that specific product.
You can do that by adding such CSS:
#hikashop_product_speed_and_smarts_gift_card_20_page #hikashop_product_price_main{ display:none; }
It will hide the price area only for that specific product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- aimlesslady
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 2
5 years 11 months ago #325340
by aimlesslady
Replied by aimlesslady on topic Price displayed is default variant-
I tried that and it didn't work. Can you anticipate a downside for doing it the way I explained?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 11 months ago #325359
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Price displayed is default variant-
Hi,
No, if it's ok with you to do it like that, it's fine.
No, if it's ok with you to do it like that, it's fine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds