- Posts: 67
- Thank you received: 0
Indexing issue limitstart
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #345980
by kivici
Indexing issue limitstart was created by kivici
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10
-- PHP version -- : 8
Hello,
First of all, I am not sure is it in right category, but please move if it is wrong.
I have issue that Google crawled Hikashop product links with limitstart at the end. Example:
site.com/product-page
and
site.com/product-page?limitstart=4&limit=4
There are also links with product/listing etc. so I need some rule.
As far as I understand I need to put noindex in second link, but I am not sure how and is it proper way.
Google indexed over 1400 products with limitstart in it.
I know I can put rule in robots.txt but these links are already indexed and I wanted to put rule noindex so I can first remove them from index.
I tried some variation in htaccess but it didn't work. Any other advice?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10
-- PHP version -- : 8
Hello,
First of all, I am not sure is it in right category, but please move if it is wrong.
I have issue that Google crawled Hikashop product links with limitstart at the end. Example:
site.com/product-page
and
site.com/product-page?limitstart=4&limit=4
There are also links with product/listing etc. so I need some rule.
As far as I understand I need to put noindex in second link, but I am not sure how and is it proper way.
Google indexed over 1400 products with limitstart in it.
I know I can put rule in robots.txt but these links are already indexed and I wanted to put rule noindex so I can first remove them from index.
I tried some variation in htaccess but it didn't work. Any other advice?
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by kivici.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 11 months ago #345988
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Indexing issue limitstart
Hi,
If you fill in the "canonical URL" in your products (and I highly recommand you do, to improve your SEO), then search engines will only index that canonical URL as the main URL, even if they come accross other URLs for the page of the product.
That's what I would recommend you doing.
As for the wrong URLs already indexed, you could ask Google to recrawl them once the canonical URL is setup:
developers.google.com/search/docs/crawli...sk-google-to-recrawl
If you fill in the "canonical URL" in your products (and I highly recommand you do, to improve your SEO), then search engines will only index that canonical URL as the main URL, even if they come accross other URLs for the page of the product.
That's what I would recommend you doing.
As for the wrong URLs already indexed, you could ask Google to recrawl them once the canonical URL is setup:
developers.google.com/search/docs/crawli...sk-google-to-recrawl
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds