- Posts: 112
- Thank you received: 7
multiple drown down field behavior broken
- karendunne
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
3 years 3 months ago #352659
by karendunne
multiple drown down field behavior broken was created by karendunne
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
antiqueswan.com/
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.4
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.2
-- PHP version -- : 8
Hi,
The multiple drown down field type in Joomla 3 showed the user which selections were made. In Joomla 4, this field type hides this type of behavior and I'd like to know what can be done to have it act in the previous way.
Please see this screen recording: www.loom.com/share/ee74d1e593fe436c81b15...0d-99bc-ee1233cc928d
Thanks,
Karen
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.4
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.2
-- PHP version -- : 8
Hi,
The multiple drown down field type in Joomla 3 showed the user which selections were made. In Joomla 4, this field type hides this type of behavior and I'd like to know what can be done to have it act in the previous way.
Please see this screen recording: www.loom.com/share/ee74d1e593fe436c81b15...0d-99bc-ee1233cc928d
Thanks,
Karen
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 3 months ago #352663
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic multiple drown down field behavior broken
Hi,
We had to deactivate it as it created issues in some cases.
Change the line:
to:
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php and it will use Joomla's chosen selector instead of the standard HTML multiple dropdown. But you might find some issues with it here and there in the backend after that.
We had to deactivate it as it created issues in some cases.
Change the line:
Code:
if($_REQUEST['option'] == HIKASHOP_COMPONENT && !HIKASHOP_J40) {
Code:
if($_REQUEST['option'] == HIKASHOP_COMPONENT) {
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- karendunne
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 112
- Thank you received: 7
3 years 3 months ago #352687
by karendunne
Replied by karendunne on topic multiple drown down field behavior broken
That worked. Thank you, Nicolas.
What kind of issues should I be on the look out for after making this change?
What kind of issues should I be on the look out for after making this change?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 3 months ago #352688
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic multiple drown down field behavior broken
Honestly, I'm not sure. This addition of "&& !HIKASHOP_J40" was part of many modifications we had to make when working on the support of Joomla 4, 2 years ago, and I don't remember was exactly this change is fixing.
I suppose the issue would be some other multiple select not working properly on the backend of the website on Joomla 4.
I suppose the issue would be some other multiple select not working properly on the backend of the website on Joomla 4.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karendunne
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds