- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
No registration -- but "please login first"?
13 years 2 months ago #117903
by dkudler
No registration -- but "please login first"? was created by dkudler
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
stillpointdigital.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.1.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Safari
So I've chased this around and around and I can't seem to figure out how to make this work.
I have an ebook store. I need to send people links to download, so I need their email address, but don't want them to have to register.
When they order, they only have to submit an email address. Great.
They go through the order, pay, get the email with the link...
And are confronted with a login page ("Please login first"). Which requires a password.
That doesn't exist.
Help!
Current workflow configuration is "Cart + Coupon" >> "Login" (because I need the email address) >> "Payment"
Under "Login and Registration"
Login is set to "No"
Registration is set to "No registration"
Display email confirmation field is set to "Yes"
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.1.3
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Opera, Chrome, Firefox, Safari
So I've chased this around and around and I can't seem to figure out how to make this work.
I have an ebook store. I need to send people links to download, so I need their email address, but don't want them to have to register.
When they order, they only have to submit an email address. Great.
They go through the order, pay, get the email with the link...
And are confronted with a login page ("Please login first"). Which requires a password.
That doesn't exist.
Help!
Current workflow configuration is "Cart + Coupon" >> "Login" (because I need the email address) >> "Payment"
Under "Login and Registration"
Login is set to "No"
Registration is set to "No registration"
Display email confirmation field is set to "Yes"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #117909
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic No registration -- but "please login first"?
As explained in the configuration documentation, downloadable goods can't be sold without creating a user account:
So I would recommend to use the "simplified registration" option. It will display exactly like the "no registration" option and won't change anything for the user except that they will have a user account on your website.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5....html#checkout_loginFinally, please note that when you sell digital goods, the download of these goods is restricted to the users who bought the digital goods. In order to do that check HikaShop needs you to have user accounts for your users, which means that you will have to use either "registration" or "simplified registration"
So I would recommend to use the "simplified registration" option. It will display exactly like the "no registration" option and won't change anything for the user except that they will have a user account on your website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dkudler
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds