- Posts: 34
- Thank you received: 1
xtra step or page at checkout
- drchamp8756
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 1 month ago #119087
by drchamp8756
xtra step or page at checkout was created by drchamp8756
url of the page with the problem -- :
nighteyeslights.com
Hikashop 2.2.0 Business
After the user inputs registration details and clicks Continue Checkout they are taken to another page that says -> Continue Shopping and Continue Checkout. I don't want this second page it should go to the page after that page directly.
The url for that xtra page is: nighteyeslights.com/component/hikashop/checkout/step/step-2
Attached is my checkout process.
Thanks for the assistance
~d
Hikashop 2.2.0 Business
After the user inputs registration details and clicks Continue Checkout they are taken to another page that says -> Continue Shopping and Continue Checkout. I don't want this second page it should go to the page after that page directly.
The url for that xtra page is: nighteyeslights.com/component/hikashop/checkout/step/step-2
Attached is my checkout process.
Thanks for the assistance
~d
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #119133
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic xtra step or page at checkout
Hi,
You don't want that the customers see the payment and shipping selection page ?
If it is, you will have to edit the view "checkout / step" to redirect to the next page automatically.
It require php skills.
You don't want that the customers see the payment and shipping selection page ?
If it is, you will have to edit the view "checkout / step" to redirect to the next page automatically.
It require php skills.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- drchamp8756
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 34
- Thank you received: 1
13 years 1 month ago #119195
by drchamp8756
Replied by drchamp8756 on topic xtra step or page at checkout
Below is what I see upon check out. As you can see step 3 is essentially a blank page with just navigation on it.
So I need to be a php editor to eliminate this blank page in the check out process?
Where do I find that php code at? If I can not do it, what am I to do? I need to hire some one to fix your check out process?
Thanks.
~d
So I need to be a php editor to eliminate this blank page in the check out process?
Where do I find that php code at? If I can not do it, what am I to do? I need to hire some one to fix your check out process?
Thanks.
~d
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #119222
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic xtra step or page at checkout
Hi,
What I can recommend you is to put the "login" step in the same page than the "address, shipping, payment".
But, by overriding the view "checkout | step", you can display or not the "address, shipping, payment" depending if the user is logged or not.
So at this moment, when the user is not logged, the steps are not added in the page and if the user is logged, the step will be added.
You won't have any blank page, it is just that some elements won't be display when it is not the right time too.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
The code which need some modifications:
It will require some PHP skills.
Regards,
What I can recommend you is to put the "login" step in the same page than the "address, shipping, payment".
But, by overriding the view "checkout | step", you can display or not the "address, shipping, payment" depending if the user is logged or not.
So at this moment, when the user is not logged, the steps are not added in the page and if the user is logged, the step will be added.
You won't have any blank page, it is just that some elements won't be display when it is not the right time too.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
The code which need some modifications:
Code:
foreach($this->layouts as $layout){
$layout=trim($layout);
if($layout=='end'){
$this->continueShopping='';
}
$this->setLayout($layout);
echo $this->loadTemplate();
}
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #120009
by damianhartin
Replied by damianhartin on topic xtra step or page at checkout
Jerome - any chance you could indicate/suggest what the code change should be?
I have a same/similar issue as the OP
Thanks,
Damian
I have a same/similar issue as the OP
Thanks,
Damian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #120118
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic xtra step or page at checkout
Hi,
I would propose instead to add the line:
$this->before_login();
after:
in the file components/com_hikashop/controllers/checkout.php
That should redirect automatically to the next step after the login if the login is on its own step.
I would propose instead to add the line:
$this->before_login();
after:
Code:
if($this->_getStep('address',$this->previous)!==false){
$status = false;
}
if(!$this->before_address()){
$status = false;
}
That should redirect automatically to the next step after the login if the login is on its own step.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds