- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
How to create a handling fee
- jwoodford77
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #124618
by jwoodford77
How to create a handling fee was created by jwoodford77
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.leadershipprofilesofcourage.com/Test
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hello,
Can someone tell me how to create a handling fee for each product? I have one product a book I am selling I use USPS but I need to also have a handling free per product. Please advise?
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hello,
Can someone tell me how to create a handling fee for each product? I have one product a book I am selling I use USPS but I need to also have a handling free per product. Please advise?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #124700
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic How to create a handling fee
Hi,
In the shipping method options, you have to enable the option "Use price per product", then in the product edition page, you will see a new section on the right, and here you can set different shipping rules by products.
In the shipping method options, you have to enable the option "Use price per product", then in the product edition page, you will see a new section on the right, and here you can set different shipping rules by products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jwoodford77
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 weeks ago #124710
by jwoodford77
Replied by jwoodford77 on topic How to create a handling fee
Sorry I am new to HikaShop... I went to Joomla> extensions> plugins> and enabled HikaShop Shipping manual - Prices per product plugin. Now when I go to HikaShop> Shipping Methods> all I see is manual shipping option. Can you let me know what I am missing?
Also note that I need to make sure I am charging for shipping through USPS and in addition I need to charge $3 handling fee.
Also note that I need to make sure I am charging for shipping through USPS and in addition I need to charge $3 handling fee.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 weeks ago #124738
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic How to create a handling fee
In HikaShop> Shipping Methods, when clicking on "new" you should see different payment methods.
Just select the desired one, and then in the "generic options" part enable the option "use price per product".
Just select the desired one, and then in the "generic options" part enable the option "use price per product".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jwoodford77
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 10 months ago #134148
by jwoodford77
Replied by jwoodford77 on topic How to create a handling fee
If I understand you correct and set this up correct then the handling fee is now a shipping option on check out. I need an automatic handle fee per product. Then the shopper can select the shipping method (USPS, Fedex etc.) Does that make since?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 10 months ago #134307
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic How to create a handling fee
Hi,
Using shipping price per product feature ( www.hikashop.com/support/integrated-docu...ing-manual-form.html ) you can override and add a price to the default shipping price for a specific product.
If the "HikaShop Shipping manual - Prices per product plugin" interface plugin is published, you will have the corresponding interface in your product configuration page.
demo.hikashop.com/administrator/index.ph...&ctrl=config#plugins
To do what you want, you'll just have to enable the "use price per product" option of your shipping method, and set a shipping price for each product, through the " shipping prices" tab of your product configuration page.
Using shipping price per product feature ( www.hikashop.com/support/integrated-docu...ing-manual-form.html ) you can override and add a price to the default shipping price for a specific product.
If the "HikaShop Shipping manual - Prices per product plugin" interface plugin is published, you will have the corresponding interface in your product configuration page.
demo.hikashop.com/administrator/index.ph...&ctrl=config#plugins
To do what you want, you'll just have to enable the "use price per product" option of your shipping method, and set a shipping price for each product, through the " shipping prices" tab of your product configuration page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #134339
by byoguru
Replied by byoguru on topic How to create a handling fee
Hello!,
I am trying to do something similar - except that I am looking for a PRICE per ORDER..... It must also be taxable.
Is there a way to do this easily?
I am trying to do something similar - except that I am looking for a PRICE per ORDER..... It must also be taxable.
Is there a way to do this easily?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #134377
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to create a handling fee
Then you can enter your price in the "price" field of your shipping method and set the "tax category" option of the shipping method. That way, the price will be applied to the whole order and it will be taxable.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #163189
by mcasner
Replied by mcasner on topic How to create a handling fee
IS IT POSSIBLE TO:
- Have HikaShop auto-calculate USPS shipping costs based on weight and dimensions
AND
- Add a separate handling fee (say $3) per ORDER, not per ITEM?
- Have HikaShop auto-calculate USPS shipping costs based on weight and dimensions
AND
- Add a separate handling fee (say $3) per ORDER, not per ITEM?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 months ago #163193
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to create a handling fee
Yes. Set your handling fee in the price field of the USPS plugin and it will be added per order.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joknight
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #166653
by joknight
Replied by joknight on topic How to create a handling fee
If i were to want to charge $1 per book for handling, and 50cents per additional book, would i need to integrate another plugin in order to apply both the flat handling fee and the additional product handling fee?
thanks nicolas
Jo
thanks nicolas
Jo
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by joknight. Reason: clarification
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #166661
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic How to create a handling fee
Hi,
You can set a price to 50cents and a fee to 50cents too.
With one product, it will make $1, two products $1.5, etc.
Regards,
You can set a price to 50cents and a fee to 50cents too.
With one product, it will make $1, two products $1.5, etc.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds